Wednesday, August 26, 2009

pleased as punch

                                                                     potty training - coming out

Three cheers for Sophie!  Hip, hip, HURRAY!!!  She didn't have any accidents all day today (or last night).  She acts like an old pro about the whole thing.  Whenever I reminder her to keep her underwear dry and to tell me when she needs to potty she just rolls her eyes at me.  Like, "duh Mom."  No close calls either, whenever she decides it's time to go she goes, but it's no rush.  I am so so so PROUD of her, she has done just beautifully.  Can you believe it only took 2 days and 7 accidents?  I am surprised and so very pleased.  I really thought Sophie would be the hardest kid to train in toilet training history, but it wasn't bad at all.  I can't wait to get out of the house, it's been a long 3 days.  I think the zoo is in order for tomorrow.potty training - day onepotty training - Tessa wanting in the bath

potty training - Tessa eating off the floor 

I wanted to throw in this picture of my little mess maker.  You can't really tell from the photo but she is under the table, where she is often found... eating food off the floor like a puppy... under Sophie's chair... I am beginning to wonder if Sophie drops food on purpose for our cute little pooch.  Who could blame her?  Tessa continues to be a delight, I love her to pieces and just can't kiss her enough.

The last thing I am so pleased about are my family photo prints that arrived in the mail yesterday.  It's a lot of work to get these babies!  I had to:  (1) choose a photographer, (2)make an appointment, (2) pick out 4 matching outfits, (3) force Dan to grow out his hair, (4) come up with bribes for picture day to get Sophie to smile, (5) pick pictures to order, (6) PAY for them, (7) choose frames, and then (8) decide where to put them! Wow, but it was worth it all, I love family pictures.  What do you think of my configurations?  I am terrible with stuff like this and would LOVE some advice, especially with the shelves.  Are they too far apart?  Should I paint them brown?  I can't decide what's missing. 

 

potty training 064potty training 060

 potty training 059potty training 068

Matt did such a spectacular job with our photos.  I am oober critical of pictures and must say he is VERY talented.  He was so willing to make minor tweaks for me as well as a some complete head swaps to get a picture of everyone smiling.  I would most definitely recommend him to y'all, he lives in the SLC area.

7 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I am so proud of both of you! Way to go! Tessa is going to be a piece of cake! Your pictures are great!

The Hulls said...

Woohoo!! Good job Sophie! I love your family pictures! You've got a beautiful family!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Way to go Sophi!!! Potty training is the first daunting motherhood task I am just not ready for!!! It scares me to death. We arn't going to do it until he is 3. So the first of next year I might be needing some advice and encouragement. BUT great job with Sophi.
P.S. Your pictures look great! And I say leave the shelves white, but if you do paint them I say black!

Nicole said...

Yeah Sophie!! Your pictures look great!

Ann said...

Yay Sophie! Now Jessica I hope your basking in all this treat business, you soooooo deserve it! Congrats you'll love only paying for one set of diapers. Love the pictures too. Also when you go anywhere learn right away where all the bathrooms are. :) Good job!

Cieslak Family said...

Congratulations Sophie!! and Jessica!! I think potty training makes kids grow up that much more. We now have little girls, not babies (Tessa is still a baby- and she's super cute too).

I hope the rest of your week is accident free! Have fun at the zoo!

ellen said...

What an accomplishment! Sophie's one more step closer to getting her driver's license and moving out. I love your pictures too. They are so natural and not too posed. They just look real. I LOVE that!