Dan told his co-worker yesterday that it was his 5 year anniversary, here's how the conversation went:
Dan: Guess what Miguel? It's my 5 year anniversary today!
Miguel: Really? That's great, does it feel like it's gone by in a minute?
Dan: Well, yeah in some ways it has!
Miguel: Under WATER?
I thought that was a funny joke.
It really does feel like this anniversary creeped up on me, the last few years of our marriage have gone by in a flash. I love being married to my best friend! After a delicious dinner at Macaroni Grill where I had my favorite dish (salmon) followed by this amazing dessert (minus the nuts, thank you, and ala mode)...
We rented this movie to watch:
It's about this guy who likes to sleep around with a different girl every night for kicks but keeps his best friend around (the girl) to hang out with when he wants to have fun or a real conversation with someone he relates to and likes. And the movie just brought to mind how lucky I really am to be married to my best friend! Dan understands me like no one else, on every level: emotional, physical, spiritual, and personal. Our relationship has grown way more than I ever could imagine, I love him SO much! Marrying him 5 years ago was the best thing I've ever done.
I would like to conclude this post with the my top 10 reasons I love being married to Dan:
- He's hilarious, always the life of the party
- Tells me I am beautiful everyday
- Goes to law school and works his tail off!
- He's incredibly handsome
- Has a never failing testimony of Jesus Christ I can always rely on.
- If I didn't get to them, he does the dishes when he gets home without being asked.
- He can serenade me on the viola.
- He eats everything I make, and tells me he likes it. :)
- He knows all the words to several Disney princess movies, and not because he likes them... but rather because he spends so much time with his daughters.
- He always makes me feel special.
I'm so lucky, thanks for being great honey!









9 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Glad you had a fun day!
Congrats on 5 years...that's great!
I must say that Dan the man has had a influence on our family and I am very glad that you married him, too! I'd say that Dan is pretty blessed to have you for a wife, too!
Happy Anniversary!
That is where we went for our Anniversary too. Tag almost ordered the Salmon, next time I'll make sure he does. That is my favorite cake!!! Did you know they make it with mayo?! I never thought something that tasted so divine could be made with mayo. We'll have to go eat there together sometime - a date night. Happy Anniversary! It does go by so fast.
Congrats on 5 wonderful years!!!
That is so great Jess! congratulations on five years, that one is truly a great milestone! I love that you made a list of the top reasons you love your honey! So fun :)
Congratulations guys! 5 wonderful years together, 2 great kids, and a couple of years of law school under your belt- you guys are doing awesome!
baaah! i teared up a little reading your top 10! congrats to you both! you guys are so cute together and have such a great little family! I hope Dan isn't still afraid of me ;) but i still mean what i told him on your wedding day!! lol
Post a Comment