We decided to stay over the weekend in Utah and take advantage of the grandparents so we could celebrate our anniversary. My Aunt Amy works for Marriot and got us a discount so we stayed at the Park City Marriot which marked our FIRST night we’ve ever spent without our kids. We’ve each been away over night individually but never together. Sophie’s now 3 1/2 so we’ve been married with kids longer than without now. It was so fun to get away together and remember why we got married 6 years ago.
Our first stop was the outlet mall. We did a lot of shopping and I found a t-shirt for myself and a few things for Sophie. Even though we got there at 10am we were both starving for lunch the entire time shopping. At 1:00 we were finally done shopping and couldn’t wait to find some food! We decided to try something new… I had my first sushi! And Dan had a hamburger. :)
The sushi had wonderful flavor! I really like that part. It’s the texture that is hard to get used to. I ended up taking the tuna off of most of the rolls because I didn’t like that floppy texture. The second picture is Tasmanian ocean trout (I think) and it was my favorite! Tastes a lot like salmon. What’s your favorite sushi?
After lunch we went and checked into our hotel and relaxed. We even took and afternoon nap, it was heavenly! Then we got up and ready for dinner. We bought a newspaper in the lobby that had coupons for lots of nice restaurants. We choose the Riverhorse.
It was a really classy place with candle lit tables, fresh flowers, and waiters in suits. I’m sure I looked silly taking pictures of all our food, but it was so pretty! And we paid a lot for it so I felt like I had the right! :)
Appetizer of a date topped with goat cheese and rosemary, I think the black stuff is molasses. It was sooo yummy! I got the chicken, I was done being adventuresome for the day. And Dan got the wild game trio, venison, elk, and buffalo! He like the buffalo best but thought they were all really good. My tomato soup was fantastic, Dan even agreed and he hates tomato soup!
Ahhh, it was a wonderful meal. We asked our waitress where we could go for good ice cream and she recommended the Java Cow up the street. The Java Cow makes their own ice cream fresh daily… mmmmmm! I loved all their cow decor, made me laugh.
The next day (our actual anniversary) we went up to check out the Olympic park in Park City. It was cool to see. Even though I was around when the Olympics were in Salt Lake, I didn’t attend any events, I was going through a hermit stage of my life. And Dan was on his mission for the Church during that time so we both enjoyed catching the Olympic spirit!
The highlight, and reason we went up there, was the zip line! Ever since I got a taste at girls’ camp I’ve been planning on doing this big one. You get to ride the ski lift up and the zip line down. They say you can reach speeds up to 45 mph! Now I was sure that Dan would beat me down the line since he has nearly 90 pounds on me. So I skipped the trash talk. But for some reason as we were up there and I suggested I go first so Dan can catch up the operator laughed and said that Dan should go first. I took a picture of my feet as we were gliding since I didn’t want to drop my camera trying to take a self-portrait in this situation.
I took this next picture as I was PASSING Dan! Yeah, I totally wasted him. I was shocked and elated. I don’t know how it makes sense… maybe a lighter person puts less tension on the line so they go faster? Anyway, I loved it.
Then we headed down to main street for some more shopping. (This is how I know Dan loves me, 2 shopping trips!) I am standing under the sign of a store where I bought a new dress which I love. Main street in Park City is so cool, I love the atmosphere and all the cute little shops. Besides the independent clothing stores, there are tons of art boutiques with paintings and photography that I really enjoy.
Then, it was on to Salt Lake to eat lunch at Dan’s favorite restaurant and in our old stomping ground too (University of Utah).
Afterwards we drove down to Temple Square where we were married for time and all eternity 6 years (to the day) before. It’s such a beautiful place. We also watched the Joseph Smith film that plays there, a favorite of Dan’s. He’s seen it several times on his own when he had an hour to spare while we lived in the area.
Thanks for making this anniversary such a special one! Thanks to Dan, my mom, Dan’s mom, and Amy it was all possible. I love you Dan, more and more all the time. I know everyone says this, but I feel the same way. In some ways it’s hard to believe it’s already been 6 years and I wonder fast our 10 and 20 year anniversaries will appear. But in other ways it seems like we’ve always been together. Luckily I know that we always will be and that knowledge my friends, is true happiness. Dan knows how to make me happy like no one else can. I am so glad I married my best friend.









11 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! Looks like you guys had a way fun weekend! Such cute pictures. And what do you mean you were in a hermit stage of your life when the Olympics were here?! That is when we were seniors in high school! I don't remember you being a hermit. Ha! You make me laugh. Well, I'm glad you got a weekend alone with just your hubby. It's always fun to get away!
Happy anniversary! This post made me tear up! I'm so happy for the both of you and remember your email when you told me you were engaged, I was so excited! Love you!
We stayed at the PC Marriott on our honeymoon. PC is magical..congrats on 6 years!
I'm glad you got together, too! You have such cute kids!!
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a fantastic time!
Happy 6 years! I am in charge of planning our anniversary celebration this year and I was planning to do some of these same things...how funny. I loved catching up on your blog. Your girls camp experience with Ronnie was so special. It made me tear up. Thanks for sharing!
Happy Anniversary! Glad you had such a nice time celebrating!
Happy Anniversary. Our 6th is next month. We were in Park City last weekend doing the same stuff. I just blogged about it. The zipline was scary, I thought. I too loved the olympic museum. We have some of the same pics. I wished we could have ran into eachother. Another time I guess.
So glad you were able to get away for a couple of days! And I'm impressed you tried Sushi on a whim.....Yay for #6 and many more to come :)
Happy Anniversary!!! It looks like you celebrated in style! Also, I love sushi, and would recommend if you want to try a lot of different kinds without paying tons, that the next time you are in Salt Lake you try Simply Sushi...it is all you can eat, but NOT buffet style. You pay for an hour and they make your rolls fresh as you order them. Go with a group and order a bunch of different kinds of rolls and it is so worth it. They have raw and cooked sushi...I went twice when I was pregnant and I could still eat the cooked. Anyway, just a thought if you liked it.
Happy Anniversary! You guys look cute. Your anniversary dinner looked delish.
Post a Comment