Monday, September 27, 2010

cowgirls

We visited a ranch of a friend of a friend with my Young Womens’ group from church.  I brought Sophie along because I knew how much she’d love it.  Soph is really into horses lately, riding her stick horse around the grocery store, to the park, and anywhere else I will let her.  I need to take a picture of that worn down stick.  On our way to the ranch she kept saying, “I am so TERRIFIED Mom!”  Pretty sure she meant excited or even ecstatic, because she surely wasn’t scared of those horses!  I, on the other hand, was terrified.  I guess I just don’t trust any animal, wild or domestic… especially ones this big!  I did ride with Gina at the reins though, and boy did I look lovely pre-shower that morning, yikes!  Sophie is riding with Mindy, I would have taken her except that… oh yeah, I DON’T KNOW HOW TO RIDE (this was my first time)!  Thanks Mindy for taking good care of her.

horseback riding - soph and mindy on the horse horseback riding - gina and jess

It was an added bonus that they had a litter of 8 puppies there as well.  I think almost every one of my Young Women called and asked their parents if they could bring home a puppy for $20, alas, all their parents said no (including me).  But Sophie REALLY enjoyed holding them while waiting for her turn on the horse.

horseback riding - soph w puppieshorseback riding - soph puppy kisshorseback riding - soph puppy smilehorseback riding - soph puppy hug

I have the best group of Young Women on the planet!  These pretty little rock stars inspire me, I had it SO EASY growing up in “happy valley” while they are more like in the front lines, or maybe even behind enemy lines… in a sense.  Anyway, they are awesome!  The brunette on the far right in the first picture is my girls favorite babysitter, her name is Sheila.  Sophie asks me if Sheila can come over and play all the time.

horseback riding - tevia erin sheila 9.18.10 horseback riding - amber and lauren

Pretty sure Sophie would love living on a farm… but me, not so much.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy being outside.  And probably my apprehension around animals is a result of inexperience; but I’m good with living in the city for now.  Although I would really really really really like to have a little fenced in yard for the girls to play in.  THAT would be heavenly.

2 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

I don't trust any animal either....hence the reason we'll never have a pet. And I grew up with horses, dogs, rabbits, etc. I'm always so uneasy when Ryker tries to approach a dog. He loves them, but they make me so nervous. We're trying to let him "see" the doggies, but not touch. Mean, I know.

mommaquincy said...

Remember when you had the photo shoot for the cover of the video of farm animals? You were feeding hay to a cow, right? I remember you saying how scarry the cow was. You both look great on the horse! I felt safe on our pony as a kid, but then I was taller than him!