Actually there were 2 parties.
We spent Saturday in the Wells’ beautiful home hanging out while the guys put together their new playground. It was a bigger project than anticipated due to some “help” from the children (we think the girls got into their piles and lost some pieces, so the guys had to get creative). Fortunately the company was stellar! We love an excuse to hang out with at the Wells’.
So someone made and then took a couple bites out of this sandwich… and disappeared. No one claimed it! I don’t know why I thought it was so funny, but it was, so I took a picture. (Still think it’s yours Ann, who else could make a sandwich and forget about it but a mother of young children! And I don’t like mayo, so it’s obviously not mine.)
The next day was Melody’s 2nd birthday! And it was close to Brian’s birthday as well, so it was a double party. Nice of them to share eh? We were glad to be there.
I really like these pictures I got of Tessa in the swing. I know I am biased so help me out, is she not the cutest thing with those big brown eyes? Oh how I love to hold her and kiss those cheeks!
Present day update: (these pics are a month old, gimmie a break, we’ve had a busy summer ok?) Anyway, Tessa is showing interest in potty training. In fact she up and peed on the potty 3 times today! Whoa. I am NOT interested in potty training Tessa, I repeat, NOT INTERESTED. She’s only 20 months old. Potty training Sophie is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done, EVER. I don’t have the patience for it. But if Tessa wants to train herself, that would be great. :) I do have over 300 diapers though… (sale at Costco) so it would be best if she waited for at least a few months. Seriously, I am dead set on NOT pushing her. I will NOT take any initiative with her because I learned the hard way (and boy was it awfully hard) with Sophie that if it’s mom’s idea, it’s a bad idea and they want no part of it! I’ve heard these magical stories about kids who train themselves. Can they be true? My mom claims that I did it all on my own because she didn’t have time to (my sis Jenny was born) when I was 18 months old. Really? Granted, this is coming from a woman that told me child birth doesn’t hurt, “it’s just uncomfortable.” I love you mom, but when I felt my first real big contractions, I was calling you a liar in my hospital bed! Heaven help me.









4 comments:
Those are the MOST ADORABLE pictures of Tessa that I have ever seen. SO CUTE!
Thanks a million trillion agian for hanging out ALL day at my house. The girls LOVE the swingset! Melody started showing signs of wanting to go potty around 20 months (ish) too. I'd wait a month or so and see if it sticks. Remember Tessa has big sis as an example I think that's why Melody wanted to train so early. Good luck!
Jessica, you crack me up. :) And I agree-I love Tessa in that maroon dress. It's a beautiful color on her!
Tessa does look very sweet in the swing. I also love the one of Sophie in her suit! I never lie! I told you that MY child births didn't hurt. And you did train yourself. Took your diaper off and used the potty all by yourself.
Post a Comment