Tessa is 1 month old today, oh my how time flies! Excuse the expression but it is just so true. I can’t believe our little Tessa is already 1 month old. She is just starting to smile and coo at me on occasion (like once or twice a day) and definitely loves to be talked to. Tessa is a great sleeper going down at about 11 or 12 and waking at 6 or 7! I feel very lucky to get so much sleep, I decided that sleep is the key to happiness. I can handle so much more after a good night’s sleep! Tessa is such a joy, we are so happy to have her as part of our family.
Sophie is doing pretty well with Tessa. She mostly just ignores her but when she does notice her sister she usually asks to hold her. It is really cute how Sophie when holds Tessa she just giggles the whole time, I don’t know if she thinks Tessa is funny or cute or if Sophie’s just really happy, either way it really sweet! My favorite thing that Sophie does with Tessa is that she always thinks Tessa is signing words. She will look at Tessa’s hand and say “A!!” or ‘MILK!” I guess she has no reason to think her sister is inferior to her in anyway, why couldn’t she do sign language? So she talks to Tessa just like anyone else and doesn’t understand why Tess can’t give her a high 5. That said, Soph is jealous, it’s interesting how I can ask Sophie if she wants a drink or a hug when Tessa’s happy and she’ll say no but 2 seconds later when Tessa is crying Sophie suddenly needs a drink and a hug! I do my best to indulge Sophie so she doesn’t feel replaced or abandoned since her emotional needs are much more complicated than Tessa’s. She’s figuring it out, we all are.
I finally took Tessa’s newborn pictures today as well. It was so much fun! Being her mother, I love them all but since I took over 300 pictures… I had to chose just a few to share on the blog. Enjoy! Oh and we threw Sophie up there with Tess for one before her nap, that’s a Swedish fish in her mouth by the way. :)









16 comments:
You did an awesome job on her pics! The one of her in the pink boa is my FAVORITE! I also like her little chubbies in the pearls. Ah...babies are just so cute & YES time does fly!
Wow! Those are AMAZING! You are so talented, AND you have the cutest little girls!
Soo sweet! I think that cutest thing I've ever seen is Sophie holding Tessa and giggling!
Her newborn pictures are adorable. I love the one with the pink feathers and the one under that. You've got such cute girls. Wish we could see them more than once a year :(
Sophie has the cutest smile! I can't believe how much hair Tessa has! She's a doll.
I can't believe she's a month old already! I swear we just barely saw you guys and she was a week old! Wow. I love Sophie holding Tessa. It's so cute!
The pictures are all so cute! I also love the one of Sophie throwing the snowball with her leg up in the air... just like her dad!
They look so different! Tessa is tiny and strikingly beautiful! I love the pictures you took, so cute! BTW: I tagged you on my blog!
Feather bowa (how do you spell that?) is my absolute favorite. Wish I had hair like Tessa's!
Those pictures are so cute! My favorite on is the one with pink boa, and now that I look at other people's comments it looks like that was their favorite too. Her eyes are so bright. She's so cute, I can't believe she is a month old already. We miss you guys, but we're glad we got to see you last month.
-Stacie
Amazing as usual!
She is beautiful! And holy cow, check out that hair! I am sure it gets dificult juggling the emotional needs and physical needs of each child. Let me know what you figure out. That is one of my fears, that Carter will be jealous of a new baby. Way to go on the sleeping patern! I totally agree, we all are all happier when rested.
These are great, Jess!!! I love the photo with the pearls ;) So dainty and girly! I'm glad that you are all adjusting well to the family of four!
SOOOOO CUTE!!! I've been meaning to call you and ask you some questions about lighting. I'm struggling with it big time. I keep getting lots of unwanted shadows. She is absolutely adorable!
Dan & Jessica-
Your Mom just came in for a recital and told me how I could see these wonderful pictures.
You daughters are beautiful - and growing so fast!
Make sure all us unimportant people at Riverton Music know when you post these great photos!
Miss you guys!
Leif
SHE'S ADORABLE. I want a girl someday. I love the pics. How did you do them. I need to but never have taken newborn pics. Give me some tips.
Post a Comment