After the newly weds left on their honeymoon, as I mentioned in my last post, we left the kids in Grandma’s capable hands and headed to the lake. We all enjoyed surfing behind the boat.
Josh was first, which is good because he can show us how to do it, but bad because who wants to follow him? Josh is fortunate that he’s really good at pretty much everything he does. Notice in the 2nd picture that he isn’t even holding the rope anymore, just surfing the wake!
Dan with his tongue out, as per usual. I think it’s a concentration thing.
You get an extra dose of James because he makes such great faces!
Oh Jenny, I love you for making that condescending face in the 2nd picture, really made me laugh! Also, it is very cute when you plug your nose before falling in the water.
What I love about surfing is that it’s so easy! Getting up is a snap. I actually got up once before the boat was even going since I was having a hard time keeping my board straight while she idled. I was standing up before I said, “hit it!” The boat goes really slow so you don’t have to pull hard, plus it doesn’t hurt when you fall. If you do it right you don’t even need the rope to stay up, you can literally just stand there. You could do it all day. Another cool thing about surfing is that you are right next to the boat so it’s easier to take pictures (SMILE) and ask questions and what not. I included the 2nd picture here to illustrate just how close you are to the boat; Josh is standing on the boat while James is surfing. (For you safety conscious out there, don’t worry their boat is an inboard motor so there is no propeller or exhaust back there to hurt you.)
Cute Meg surfed 5 months pregnant. (Just found out it’s a GIRL by the way!) She also drove the boat for all of us.
Thanks for taking us out on your awesome boat guys! We always have such a good time.









5 comments:
SO MUCH FUN!!!! Congrats to Josh and his wifey on a baby girl!
I just caught myself up on your blog since I haven't checked any blogs in over a month!! I always love to see what you've been up to, thanks for sharing :)
Great pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun out there, I had a blast with the kiddos!
Great pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun out there, I had a blast with the kiddos!
Jessica, you are just the sweetest thing in the world! Thanks for all the pictures, you are so talented!
Post a Comment