Here’s a few pictures I got at home this summer, pretty random and around.
These eggs are this kitty’s babies. When she’s in character you can’t call Sophie by name, she will say, “NO, I’m Kitty!” or, “NO, I’m a dog!” But if you address her correctly she will listen and obey. I should have taken a video of her with her kitty babies because she was meow-ing at imaginary birds in the sky who are trying to get her babies. (Maybe deep down she knows the eggs are bird babies, not cat’s.)
We have a zoo membership and go around once a week when the weather is good. It’s a very good investment and great place to go and get out of the house on a nice day!
On a slow zoo day the animals are a lot more interactive and fun. This giraffe gave me a fright when she walked straight over and leaned over the rail directly in front of us. The zookeeper nearby said that giraffes are really curious and come up to the rails if they don’t feel threatened. After my initial shock, I thought it was really cool! The cute boy in the picture with Tessa is my friend’s son we were watching while his mom was in the hospital with his new baby brother. His name is Vincent and he’s a total stud, easy going and super funny.
Even the otters were out that day, in our experience I’d say it’s about a 1 in 10 chance you’ll see the otters playing. It was a real treat, they are Sophie’s favorite, she laughs and screams at their antics.
Here are the girls at a church service project. We painted an elderly woman’s house in a couple days. WE, HA HA! As you can see the girls and I were a HUGE help. Dan did a lot of work though! He’s our contribution.
I forgot to bring a swim diaper and so just put Tessa in a regular one to swim. After an hour, as you mom’s out there well know, it was bursting and ready to start falling apart. So I put my last diaper on her and her clothes… You can see how well that worked. :)
This silly girl LOVES water. Some of the kids were taking turns pouring water over her head, at first I went to stop them but Tessa was loving it! Just laughing and laughing.
Our favorite Tessa quirk lately has been how she proclaims her self to “be nice, I be nice.” when ever she’s being naughty, we ask her if she needs to go to time out. I think it stemmed from her being in time-out and when I go get her out I ask her, “Are you ready to be nice?” So now the little smarty just nips it in bud and at the mere suggestion of time-out she is already cured and “nice!” If she stops the bad behavior I don’t put her in time-out which is about 90% of the time. It’s funny to mess with her though and say, “UH…” and before we can even say “OH” she breaks in and says, “I be nice!” And she is. It’s pretty funny.
The second picture is of Sophie showing off her liberally applied lip gloss. Mmmmm, CHUNKY!
We have had such a wonderful summer! I love my girls so much and really enjoy how much easier it is for me to go out and do things now that they are a bit older and more independent. Life is so good!









1 comment:
You have got a couple of darling girls!
Post a Comment