Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a lot of people I don't know and a few that I do

We were able to go to an Ellis family reunion (my Grandpa's siblings and their kids).  Much to my mother's delight.  I saw a lot of people that I don't really know but vaguely recognize from seeing them at similar reunions, I tend not to talk to them.  Rather, I spent my time hob-knobbing with my wonderful Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.  Sophie slept on our way to the reunion and had a hard time waking up until she was introduced to the squirt guns... she played with them until we tore her away to leave.  Tessa did her usual heart stealing with her hammy smile to all who made eye contact.  I love having a smiley baby, she's so fun.

ellis reunion 009 ellis reunion 011

I love my grandpa like crazy.  He and my grandma may be the cutest couple you've ever seen!  He's always up for a hug.  Not to mention he's HILARIOUS, let me just give you an example:  this man has horrible hearing, so he watches TV on mute... he says he's learning how to read lips!  Love him.

The last picture is me with my cousin Ann, we're best cousins.  We're only 2 weeks apart in age!  She and I have always lived hundreds of miles apart but became pen pals as soon as we could write.  It had been way too long since we'd seen each other.

ellis reunion 015 ellis reunion 017

Earlier that day we said goodbye to Dan's uncle Willis and aunt Wilma from Houston.  We got to chat with these two at night before bed at the Chapmans and let's just say there is NEVER a dull conversation.  Willis is king of the "one liners" and always makes me laugh.  So glad we got to see them.

226

Here we are at Artic Circle that day.  Yep, this post is all OUT of chronological order, I'm crazy like that.  Thanks for lunch Tom!

229 239

The morning we were leaving my mom, being the genius she is, brought Sophie this gift:

ellis reunion 018 

She literally DIDN'T PUT IT DOWN until we laid her down to bed that night.  We tried to leave it in the car when we went out to dinner on our way home.  We're sitting in a nice Denny's after being in the car for 6 hours and she kept crying to get back in!  After Dan went and got the tea set, she was happy!  I'm afraid I'll never understand her.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think its pretty fun that you and Wilma and Dan and Willis are the same heights.
I am so glad you came and cant' wait for you to come again!

Nicole said...

I have to admit, my nieces are the cutest ever! With all the relatives you have in Houston, you should just move here ;)

Erin said...

Okay, this is a little random, and I feel really stupid for leaving you a comment, but I kind of blog stalk you! We went to Bingham at the same time...my maiden name is Erin Thomson and I married my high school sweet heart Kendall Johnson, and although we weren't friends I came across your blog on Emily (Hibbert) Tebbs blog and I love reading about your adorable girls and your little family. But the reason I am even confessing to this is because I think we may be distantly related. I have an Ellis line in my family history. Strange, strange world. Sorry if this was totally psycho, but it's out there...I like to read your blog and you probably don't even know who I am!