My mom got us tickets to walk through the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was so beautiful! Sophie is always asking to go in the temple when we're there so it was fun to be able to take her inside one for the first time. She didn't call it a castle but she did see Cinderella inside. "Oop, there's Cinderella mommy! So pretty dress!" Sophie is VERY into princesses... and dresses lately. In fact she hasn't worn pants or shorts for almost 2 months now. Seriously, no joke, not even once! That includes bed time, nightgowns only. So if it seems like she's always wearing the same 3 dresses, that's because she IS! We just pick our battles and what she wears isn't worth it to me.
After the temple it was time for Cousin Camp at Grandma Nina's. She has a vision of the kids coming over every summer playing and spending a few nights with just Grandma... we started out small this year with the girls being young and just did an art activity (which the moms really did, we rock Ann!) and then swimming in the back yard pools. The older girls were out for 4 1/2 hours!! They really liked it. Thanks Grandma Nina! I was glad my mom and Joni stopped by as well, we like to squeeze in as much time together as we can.
The girls got **matching** (Grandma Nina is no dummy) toys and pajamas as well. I was particularly excited for Sophie to get another nightgown since she'd been wearing the same one to bed every night for 2 months! :) What cute girls we have. There is something special about seeing my girls play with their cousins, maybe it's because I was always so close to my cousins and their friendships have meant so much to me. I want my girls to have the same ties with theirs.
That night we hung out with some friends and I didn't take any pictures!! That's a first. It was a lot of fun talking and playing Ticket to Ride, thanks guys!









3 comments:
Such cute cousins! Nina is a very fun grandma! She's so nice to let us come and crash your cousin camp fun!
Cousin camp is such a cute idea! It's nice to see your girls making memories with their cousins even though you're out-of-state. I've been so sad about taking Madi away from her cousin! I love Tessa's face in the water picture- such a cute smile!
I love all of your updates and pictures! It looks like you guys had a really great time with family.
Post a Comment