Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jacob’s 1st birthday!

07 25 12_jacob waiting for cake

My boy is 1!!  I got the cake idea from pinterest, it was super easy and I like how it turned out.

07 25 12_jake cake 3 07 25 12_jake cake

Hard to believe it’s been a year!  Time is really starting to fly lately.

Height: 2’ 6” (52%)

Weight: 20lb 3 oz (32%)

Head: 18.5'” (72%)

07 25 12_tess soph jess cake decorating

Jacob, played with his cake, he didn’t eat much.  Dan thinks it’s because it was chocolate and Dan doesn’t like chocolate very much, so naturally, his son wouldn’t either.  I would like to point out that Dan did eat his piece. :)

07 25 12_jacob eating cake 2 07 25 12_jacob eating cake 4

Jacob is a delightful addition to our family.  He is so much fun.  I love babies around a year old because they can understand so much and are learning to communicate.  I love how he’ll stare at me explaining something with those big brown eyes and he’ll smile back nodding that he understands, or crying no, if it’s not the answer he wanted. ;)

07 25 12_jacob eating cake 6 07 25 12_jacob eating cake

Jacob hasn’t started walking yet, today he’s 15 months old and will take 1 or 2 steps between furniture, but I think he’s at least a couple months away from really walking much.  He’s just so laid back, he’s in no hurry!

07 25 12_jacob messy 2 07 25 12_jacob doesn't like cake

Jacob is really smart.  He loves to watch Baby Signing Time and picks up on new signs really quickly!  Here’s a list of signs he uses: Dad, Mom, milk, dog, cat, horse, bird, duck, frog, lion, cookie, candy, drink, water, wash hands, diaper, please, thank you, more, all done, banana, apple, baby, Grandpa, car, bus, train, airplane, balloon, hat, shoes, socks, sleep, hurt.

07 25 12_jake tess 07 25 12_party eating cake 2

Jacob is sometimes overly loved by his sisters and we’re waiting for the day he’s bigger than them, I don’t think it will be long before he’s out-grown Tessa but Sophie will probably be bigger than him until he’s an adolescent. 

Jacob was a very easy going baby but right around his 1st birthday he’s got a bit of an attitude, he now has an opinion.  He scowls at us a lot.  He is usually pretty obedient though.  If I tell him no or ask him to give me something or come here, he complies most of the time.  I am impressed by how much he understands, I can tell him to go put that dog away and get his milk and HE DOES! 

07 25 12_jacob messy 07 25 12_jacob done

Happy Birthday my little dumplin’ drop, we sure do love you!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

So many cute pictures! He is such a stud!

Ann said...

CAute Boy! He's a keeper! ;)