As I mentioned earlier, a close friend of mine moved away to Texas this summer. It was too sudden and very sad for us to have to say goodbye. We miss you guys so much! Too bad I hadn’t done my hair this day, or I’d like this picture more… really regretting my Pocahontas look here.
We met with an old play group at a park near our old house for a little goodbye pot luck for Susan and her 3 sweet children. Here’s Jacob with Camille, her youngest.
Paul, her eldest, was kind enough to push Tessa in the swing while her mom was too busy stuffing her face and chatting. My girls talk of Paul and Caleb more often than any of their other friends, they remind me a lot that they have moved to Texas. :(
Below we have Tess, Ellie, Gavin, and Sophie.
Tessa loves to push Jacob in the swing, she loves her brother a lot, it’s very sweet.
Later that week we went to another get together with a different group of friends for Susan and her family. I didn’t get any pictures of us moms but here’s all the kids eating the pizza our gracious hostess, Liz made.
The older girls pampered Sophie and Tessa with make-overs, including make-up, and nail polish. My girls were in heaven! Bad picture of Tess, sorry.
Susan I will miss our spontaneous walks, park, and zoo trips. I will miss your easy-going, anything-goes attitude that made any outing/get together we had so fun and enjoyable. I miss your great sense of humor and how you always laughed at my jokes. You were a wonderful friend and I will miss having you near-by, but don’t think you’re getting out of it, we’re still friends!! ;) Oh and I totally miss babysit swapping!
Aren’t good friends just priceless? What makes a good friend? Is it just two people that want to “make it work” or are there certain things you need to have in common? How do I find one? I tend to struggle to make friendships for awhile after I move somewhere new (which I am now), I know I need to give it time… but sometimes it seems that no one will ever compare to your old friends doesn’t it?









3 comments:
I was also so sad when she left! Susan was one of the nicest people and so easy to talk to. I actually like your braided look, I think you look adorable!
Oh, and one more thing. I totally relate to having a hard time making new friends when going somewhere new. I was once reflecting about all of my closest friends, and I noticed a pattern. Most of the women I have been closest to have been my work-out buddy at one time. So, maybe finding a friend to go running or walking or yoga with will spark a friendship. just a thought. :)
You will have great new friends. Luckily you have lots of friends close by sitll. You are lots of fun and care about others. I think that's what makes the best friends.
Post a Comment