Thursday, October 11, 2012

hot springs, hiking, mini golf and Durango –Chapman Family reunion–Part 3

As part of the reunion, Grandma Nina had a bucket for each grandchild with their name on it.  Each day they would find a surprise in their bucket, usually to do with the day’s scheduled activities.  For the train ride they got toy trains, for the hot springs they got a rubber duck, and one of the days they got bubbles… that is why I have this picture of Jacob playing in the bubbles, there were more gifts, I think jelly beans?  Sorry I can’t remember.  I just thought it was a cool picture of Jacob with the bubbles. :)

06 05 12_jacob bubbles 2 06 05 12_tess dan jake soph hiking

We had all sorts of ideas of differening lengths of hikes at different distances from the condos we were staying at but we ended up going conservative.  We drove to a hike a few miles up the road, that was short, about a mile each way I think.  But it was beautiful, and fit into our schedule beautifully.  I love hiking.

06 05 12_everyone hiking 2

Sophie liked to pretend to chop wood along the way with her little toy hatchet.

06 05 12_soph chopping w ax 06 05 12_jacob

I love babies in hats and sunglasses, especially when they act so cool about it, like Jaycee here.  Just cracks me up!

06 05 12_jaycee jason 06 05 12_soph ax

Here’s Sophie on top of the look out cliff.  I really could have used a wide angle lens for this shot, but I only brought the 1 lens, oh well.

06 05 12_0119_soph on top of the world 06 05 12_water fall06 05 12_water

Notice Sophie’s train on the cement facing her.  She set him up like that at every hole to watch her golf.  The younger girls lost interest almost immediately and headed for the playground, but Sophie and Elise did all 18 holes!

06 05 12_elise soph golf 06 05 12_soph elise golf smiles

Dan walked up to this hole and laid out a crazy scenario in which he could get what we thought was an impossible shot, you know something like “it’s going to richochet off that wall, 360 gainer over there… etc HOLE IN ONE!”  Well, by some crazy happenstance, it lieterally went as he had called it.  And Jason owes him a new car! :)  It was hilarious.

06 05 12_dan money shot 06 05 12_jacob golf ball

The next day we went to the hot springs, they were so cool… I mean HOT! (ha ha, I’m funny)

06 07 12_hot springs 2

06 06 12_hot springs lily soph tess 06 06 12_hot springs elise tube06 06 12_hot springs dan jacob sitting 06 06 12_hot springs dan melody elise06 06 12_hot springs jaycee candice ray ann elise cami melody06 06 12_hot springs jaycee candice 06 06 12_hot springs lily shade

06 06 12_hot springs lily tess meoldy kicking 06 06 12_hot springs melody splashing06 06 12_pagosa springs jacob splashing 06 06 12_hot springs soph hose

Tess was so proud of herself for putting her head underwater, she asked me to take a picture.

06 06 12_hot springs tess underwater 06 06 12_hot springs jacob dan umbrella

These guys are in “The Lobster Pot”  it was ridiculously hot… like 114 degrees-ish (can’t remember for sure).  I could only put 1 toe in, that was plenty for me.  Those who got in came out with what looked like a sun burn!  Crazies.  I love ‘em, but they’re crazy!

06 06 12_hot springs tom nina

The next day we drove to Durango to walk around the shops, then back to Pagosa to do the same.  Here’s Sophie, being a bull, she takes her dress ups seriuosly.  And the girls sharing their candy from the candy store.  I loved Durango, such a cute town, reminded me a lot of Park City.

06 07 12_sophie bull 06 07 12_soph tess candy

Grandma and Grandpa treated us to ice cream!

06 07 12_durango dan jacob soph jason06 07 12_durango nina tom tess

The girls are modeling the clip-on earrings I bought them at an antique store in Pagosa.  I get tired of the plastic dress up ones that break all the time.  I figure the antique ones have lasted this long! :)

06 07 12_tess ice cream 06 07 12_soph tess earrings

This giant chess board was in front of the hotel, kind of cool.

06 07 12_tess soph chess game 06 07 12_the springs hotel

We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the other side of this bridge in downtown Pagosa.  It was very bright and colorful!  Sophie had Jason pretending to eat all the fruit from the carving in our booth, he’s such a good sport.  That’s why they love him!

06 07 12_candice jaycee walking 06 07 12_jason eating fruit

06 07 12_jacob 06 07 12_jaycee06 07 12_sophie straw06 07 12_tess eating06 07 12_tom candice 06 07 12_dan w food

Good times.  Thanks for the fun reunion everyone!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

It looks like soo much fun! Dan looks like his brothers more with his beard! No pictures of you!

Nicole said...

Wow, Grandma Nina has such neat ideas! That Lobster Pot sounds awesome! The hotter, the better for me! What a fun reunion!

ellisgomez said...

So fun! I can't wait to see your new car :) I'm glad you added pictures of YOU in another post... it's true it takes special effort to get yourself in the pictures. Any pictures are evidence that you were there, but when you are actually in the pictures BONUS! Especially when you are as beautiful as Jessica Quincy Chapman!