Saturday, October 13, 2012

a day at the beach

We met some friends at one of the reservoirs near our house for a fun morning in June.  It was so much fun!  My kids love the beach.  We parked outside and walked the half mile in, to save the parking fee. :)

06 13 12_soph walking in

06 13 12_soph sand 06 13 12_tessa sand

06 13 12_tess caleb water 06 13 12_jacob camille

06 13 12_tessa sophie small

06 13 12_soph water 06 13 12_tessa sand 2

Jacob loved the sand… a little too much.  Poor guy had a diaper full of sand that night, a little exfoliation for the bowels, YIKES!

06 13 12_jacob smile 06 13 12_jacob sand

When I thought he’d had enough sand to eat I brought him by the picnic table.  I finished my apple let Jacob suck on the core.  Next time I looked he’d eaten half the apple core!!  Crazy kid.  I guess horses eat apple cores too… but it can’t taste that good, can it?

  06 13 12_jacob eating apple core 3 06 13 12_jacob eating apple core 406 13 12_jacob eating apple core 6 06 13 12_jacob eating apple core

I wish I had taken a picture of me and my friends.  This was one of the last times I got to hang out with my close friend Susan before she moved away.  We sure had a lovely day at the beach!  I want to get out to the beach more times next summer.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

It looks like fun! Your kids look great in their swimming suits and at home on the beach!

Kristen said...

awww the kiddos are such cutie pies!

Adam said...

You need to live by us. I have a feeling we would have lots of fun with you guys at the beach.