Saturday, October 27, 2012

Our independent, Independence Day parade

We helped Dan’s brother Matt move on the 4th of July, look at this awesome house!  It’s pretty crazy cool and just the right house for these guys, they are so creative and original, they will make it look so good, I’ve no doubt.  I would be so intimidated to try and decorate a place like theirs, you have to be true to the architecture, but still add in your style and not loose the history…  It has tons of history, the place is older than the state of Utah!  Anyway, it’s awesome.

07 04 12_matts house 07 04 12_soph nina

Grandma Nina is so cute playing stick swords with Lily.

07 04 12_lily nina sticks 

As you can see Dan’s parents were also in town, it’s always fun to spend time with them! Sophie was worn out by all of the excitement and fell asleep on Grandpa Tom’s lap, which can’t be that easy when you are as tall as she is.

07 04 12_tom soph 07 04 12_matt dan moving in

We went out to dinner at a local pizzeria, it was yummy!

07 04 12_emma cami 2 07 04 12_lily smile

The girls were pretty hyper swinging their hair around their faces and giggling up a storm…

07 04 12_lily soph tess crazy 2 

Jacob loves pizza!

07 04 12_jacob

Before we knew that Matt and Cami would be moving that weekend we had told our girls (I’m trying to learn not to tell them about stuff too early) about a 4th of July parade that was going on in our neighborhood that they could decorate their bikes to ride in.  The girls were totally psyched!  So while the guys were unloading the truck I had made a trip to the dollar store for balloons and ribbon… and after dinner we made our own 4th of July parade around the block.

07 04 12_dan tess soph matt lily parade07 04 12_parade 307 04 12_parade 6

Tess had a hard time keeping up, she’s so good on her bike normally, we walk Sophie to school most days and she does great then, I think she was just exhausted at the end of the day.  Aren’t they cute?  They just live for stuff like this.

07 04 12_parade tess behind 07 04 12_tess dan jacob soph

Whew!  What a day.

07 04 12_soph sleep 2

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

What a cool looking house! I love the idea, the reality would be tough, I know I grew up in an old polygamist home.