Monday, October 29, 2012

Dan’s big 3–Ohhhh!

07 21 12_dan birthday breakfast 07 21 12_dan jacob nap

We were back at Matt and Cami’s over Dan’s birthday weekend because Dan’s other brother Jason was in town with his family.  We tried to fill the day with Dan’s favorite things:

  1. I made Dan these snickerdoodle muffins for his birthday breakfast, they were quite delicious.
  2. A morning nap with Jacob.
  3. We went shopping??? Ok, not his favorite thing, but it was for some work clothes he really needed/wanted and everyone watched our kids for us so he could go try stuff on.
  4. We went out for dinner at a new burger place, Dan loves to get a bacon cheeseburger everywhere he goes, so he can compare.  I think his favorite one is from the Cherry Cricket, but it could be 5 Guys… I’ll have to ask him.  Let us know if you have a place we should try!
  5. I made him an butterfinger ice cream cake, it was awesome and so easy to make (just made out of ice cream sandwiches).

07 21 12_soph dan tess balloon swords

While we were at the mall, there happened to be a free kids’ event going on at Macy’s they had a magician making balloons, face painting, snow cones, and fishing for prizes, what luck!

07 21 12_soph tiger paint 07 21 12_tess cat face paint

Dinner time!

07 21 12_dan w burger 07 21 12_happy birthday chalk07 21 12_soph jacob

Funny story:  You’ll notice in this next picture that everyone is laughing at something… it was me… sliding down the bench to fit everyone in my frame, not looking where I was going… and scaring some poor lady away down the bench behind me.  After I took the photo I turned to see I was sitting nearly in front of her food and she had scooted down to avoid my collision.  I’m such a dork!  How embarrassing, at least she was nice.

07 21 12_candice jaycee jason soph dan cami matt

These 2 cousins love to be silly together, they giggle and giggle!

07 21 12_tess lily crazy 6

Emma was helping me make the cake by eating the pesky box, she was very determined to do so.

07 21 12_emma eating box 3 07 21 12_butterfinger ice cream cake

I think Dan felt like turning 30 was a bad thing, he wants to be 25 forever. :)  But I like my older wiser Dan more and more everyday and I wouldn’t change a thing honey!  Sure we age, but we always have fun and have better perspective to really enjoy life and appreciate special moments the older we get wouldn’t you say?  I feel like I do.

07 21 12_dan birthday cake 07 21 12_tess candice jaycee

Besides 30 isn’t even old anyway!!

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

I agree! 30 is not old. My hubby just turned 30 in August too and he was DREADING it. Silly boys. He also wants to be 25 forever! But I'll take the 30 year old him over the 25 year old him any day. :)

mommaquincy said...

I think he's aging very well! 30 is young when you're my age!