Wednesday, January 30, 2008

sick girl

My poor baby has been so sick! It's been terrible, I just wish I could take it all away, I'd happily take it for her. She started out with a cough and a bi t of a runny nose but it just got worse and worse until I took her into the doctors on Monday. They diagnosed her with brochiolitis and an ear infection. Her cough sounds so terrible I was afraid it was going to be croup, but I was happy to hear that it wasn't and her blood was oxygenated well, because that stuff is scary. We've had some long nights and many tears but this morning she slept in with me and woke up with a SMILE!! I was over joyed!! (Might have something to do with the Tylenol I gave her 3 hours previous, but that wasn't the first time I gave it to her.) She's a very good natured baby and despite her sickness has tried to be happy through her tears and coughing fits but this morning she felt good enough to play in the blinds! I was so thrilled to see her being herself again I took out the camera and got some pictures (I forgot how cute she is when she plays in the blinds.) She still sounds awful and her nose is running like a faucet but at least she feels a little better, let's hope it lasts. Check out that crazy hair!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! She does look sick in the one picture that is head on! :( I love the crazy hair though!

Shelly said...

I love the hair1 I am so sorry that she has been sick! there is nothing worse then that! She is getting so big it is crazy! I hope that we can come this spring to see you! I don't think we will make it out until then! I will let you know!

Ann said...

Lets look at the bright side, Sophie now has hair so it can be messed up. :) I hope you guys can still make it to Utah this weekend.

mommaquincy said...

I'm so glad she's improving! I hope she keeps sleeping a lot. Take care of yourself,too!

liz said...

Sorry to hear she was sick. I'm glad she is better. My kids have had a perma cold this year. I think their noses haven't stopped running for a month straight. Can't wait for it all to pass.