Monday, February 4, 2008

Jason and Nicole's Wedding

My big brother Jason got married to a wonderful girl named Nicole this weekend. Everything went great! They were sealed in the Jordan River Temple Saturday morning (good thing it wasn't at the SL Temple with Pres. Hinckley’s funeral going on at the same time, that would have been crazy!). We enjoyed a delicious luncheon with the family at a nice restaurant called Madeline's after the ceremony. Then that evening they had a reception at a beautiful reception center in Bountiful. It was great to see Jason with Nicole at his side, you can tell they are so in love. I am so glad we could be there! I love my brother so much and wouldn't have missed this happy day for the world.
They got each other pretty bad with the cake! Sophie in her cute dress.

Cheering for something (the fan maybe?) on Aunt Joni's lap. Mom and Dad at the luncheon.

Chillin' at the reception. WOW that roll was good!

Sophie still loves both of her Grandmas and only wanted them if they were in the room, Grandpas... well not so much. :) She needs more time to warm up to them than we had in Utah this visit.

What a handsome Dad!! And here's some video of Sophie dancing for Jason and Nicole at the reception.


We also set a world record this weekend for the most wedding planning done in 1 day! My little sister Jenny is getting married in a month and a half in Utah. But she lives in Houston, so this quick trip was her only chance to be involved in her own wedding planning. We found her dress and got it fitted, ordered her flowers, took her engagement pictures, AND she got her endowments (so she could attend Jason's wedding)!! Pretty impressive right? I think so.
We got home safe and sound in time to watch the super bowl with some friends. I wish I took some more pictures, all I have is this picture of the dessert we had, it's called an apple blossom and it was AWESOME! Dan and I were so grateful our good friends Jake and Kim had us covered because we were going to eat rice-a-roni and hamburger patties (no buns) for dinner, the only stuff left in our house! They fed us hot wings, pizza rolls, pasta salad, chips and salsa, candy, chex mix... and probably something else I forgot yummy! We had a fun time watching the game but were a little disappointed in the commercials. Dan was quite happy the Giants won, but I didn't really care. :)

10 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

Wow, sounds like a busy but great weekend. I love the colors they picked (white silver and navy looked great on everyone and everything). The desert pic and all the talk of food makes me hungry....must have junk food soon! Laters.

Tracy Giles said...

That is such a cute video of Sophie dancing! It looks like you guys had a great time. What a beautiful bride!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very busy but very fun weekend! I LOVED Sophie's little dress...SO cute!! How fun. I love weddings. :)

mommaquincy said...

Great pictures Jess! Netmop won't let the video work yet. I'll get it going! The ivory dress with the blue bow really highlights Sophie's eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Crafty Momma said...

You have had a lot of weddings to go to lately! okay maybe just 2. How fun! BTW I really like that blue bow on sophie, it looks really cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love Sophie's dancing! What a cutie! I love the picture of the bouquet too! SO pretty! Weddings are so fun!!!!!!!!!

cami said...

That's so great you were able to go to the wedding and see everyone! Cute video of Sophie. She always has a great time wherever she is.

mommaquincy said...

I came to the library, so I could watch the video! I wish there were hours of it! What a lot of fun that Sophie is!

The Allens said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Sophie looks adorable like always! Thanks for your help with my blog. I still haven't got around to doing anything, but I have got big plans...

Min and Mary said...

Jess, Thanks so much for posting these pictures of Jason's wedding. I'm so happy your entire family was able to get together (minus the mish). I would have loved to see it myself. You are quite a blogger too. I'll come here for ideas:) Love, Mary