Sophie had her biggest fall yet this week. I left her happily eating Cheerios in her highchair to go check my email (in the same room but on the other side of it). Before I sat down at the computer I heard a thud I ran over there to find her on her back on the floor! She must have done a front flip off the side of the highchair and landed on her back. The floor she landed on was carpeted but she did have a mark on her forehead that I figured would be a huge bruise the next day. I took this picture of it after she woke up from her nap the same day. You can see the red mark up close to her hair line. She took a nap right after her fall, when she woke up her pupils were different sizes. I called Ann to ask her what the signs of a concussion are because Elise recently had a fall and I knew that she'd know what they are. She told me to call the doctor because Elise's eyes did the same thing. Well the nurse I talked to just told me to watch her, she wasn't too worried about it. I guess they aren't usually concerned if they fall less than 4 feet. Plus she didn't have any
other symptoms. I was so relived no only because Sophie was okay but also because I was still in my workout clothes (at 12:30 pm) and Sophie was in her PJ's... I thought I'd look like the worst parent in the world at the doctor's office, how embarrassing!
water in her face and she was cold if the water wasn't hitting her. But we got through it and while I was doing my hair I let her play in the cupboard next to me. She was standing on her knees pulling everything out when she slipped and smacked her head into the bottom corner of the cupboard! Ouch!! Immediately it swelled the skin broke, and became a goose egg. It looked worse in less than a minute than her highchair wound looked after 24 hours. The picture to the right is kind of blurry but you can see how much it protruded. I didn't post earlier because I was just waiting for head injury #3 this week, but it hasn't happened... yet I guess she still has today. I suppose it's something I need to get used to, especially as she is getting more adventurous and learning to walk and run. But for now, these type of injuries are very novel.









2 comments:
Isn't it the worst feeling when your child gets hurt? Deklan has had some major crashes and I swear, I cry more than he does sometimes! ;)
Maybe Sophie needs a helmet. That would look awesome, too. Actually she's done very well to have so few injuries when she's sooo old! Happy 11th monthday Sophie!
Post a Comment