
On Sunday we went over to Grandma Chapman's house for some turkey dinner. It was great to see some of the extended family and eat good food. Sophie was in heaven with a lot of attention for her aunts and uncles but mostly because of Grandma's two dogs. She thought they were wonderful and would just crane her neck and throw herself around to be able to see them no matter where they went. If she wasn't looking down at the dogs she was looking up at the fan. She still hasn't grown out of her fascination with ceiling fans. Sunday night was a long one. Poor Sophie hasn't been feeling well for awhile now and Sunday night she kept us up from about 2 to 6 am. She slept from 6 to 7 and then I gave her to my mom so Dan and I could sleep for an hour before we were supposed to meet the Chapmans for breakfast at IHOP (my favorite). Well... we over slept and went to IHOP looking quite tired and cranky. But Sophie was as happy as a clam just laughing and smiling and playing peek-a-boo, she didn't make our story very believable. Here's cute little Elise trying to skewer her grape with a crayon.
We were noticing that Sophie has less hair where her headbands are on her head. So in an effort to promote hair growth we thought we should try something new. So she sported her first pigtails on New Year's Eve. I think it makes her look so old! 
Here's a picture of Dan enjoying pizza from the Pie Pizzeria. He has been talking about eating at the Pie for 4 months now and was VERY excited to sink his teeth in. We've been there twice since we arrived in Utah. The Pie is really amazing pizza, in my opinion as well but I am not so obsessed. Dan used to go there several times a week for lunch before we moved.
One of the highlights of my trip so far is that I got to see my best friend Summer, she and I have always understood each other like no one else can, it's so nice to have a "bosom buddy" (as Anne of Green Gables would say.) It's so great to see her I've missed her terribly! Isn't she so gorgeous? I love her so much.
Also on New Years Eve I got some quality sister time. We met up at Joni's new house (so cute, I am insanely jealous!) and then went out to lunch at Cafe Rio (another restaurant I've missed in Denver) and to shop temples... Well, just the Timpanogus temple, there are so many temples in Utah Jenny can't decide which one to get married in so we had to go scope it out. Then we went to the dress shop so we could try on veils with Jenny's dress. We also went to the mall to look at bras and shoes... you know girl stuff. It was great, I love hanging out with my sisters we all get along so well and relate to each other even better now that we are older. I think the age gap gets smaller as we age.
Ok, one last random thing to mention in this hodge-podge of a post! Sophie has fallen in love with her Grandpa Quincy, and I'm so glad! When we were here a month ago she wouldn't let him near her and would cry until she couldn't even see him anymore. The poor man had to either hide or leave the room!! It was awful. But these two have spent some quality time together over the past week and are like peas and carrots now. It's very cute, my dad can't let her cry. The other night when we were letting her cry in her crib I thought she had fallen asleep but come to find out Grandpa had snuck in there and picked her up. He rocked with her for a good 2 hours I think before he finally laid her down and went to bed. Sophie's lucky to have so many people who lover her!














4 comments:
What a lucky little girl Sophie is to have such awesome grandparents! That is so cute that she loves your dad so much now. She looks so cute laying in his arms. It is my favorite to see my dad with my kids!
Sounds like you are having a great time in Utah! When do you go back? Oh, and I would have to agree about "The Pie" the most fabulous pizza! They have one in Ogden, but it is kinda ghetto and nothing like the one down there :(
It looks like you are having SO much fun!! I missed Cafe Rio so much too! I went there twice. :) We didn't visit the Pie though...we'll have to catch that one on our next trip. When do you guys have to go back?
Haha the far most bottom right picture of Sophie and Dad, Dad doesn't look very lively!
What a fun time! Oh, how I miss Cafe Rio too. I love pigtails on little girls.
Post a Comment