Sunday, January 13, 2008

Utah Highlights

Here are some random pictures taken while we were in Utah that I didn't see fit to add to any of my other posts.

Sophie playing in her toy drawer at Grandma Quincy's she loved it because it appeared to be a naughty thing to do. I mentioned Sophie's "monster grin" in an earlier post but I finally caught a picture of her doing it. She usually throws her head back grinning at the ceiling but she couldn't because of the highchair. I love it, she does it spontaneously when she's REALLY happy.


We celebrated my brother Josh's birthday while we were there, I love him a lot and thought it was worth mentioning. We also had a party for his wife Chantel's birthday but I didn't get any pictures... sorry! I thought this picture of my mom holding Sophie Christmas morning was quite comical, she might not appreciate it but I think it's pretty awesome! She is just so happy!! We also attended my little brother Jonathan's swim meet. He is so fast!!


Here are some pictures of us at lunch with the Wells. We drove up to Park City to meet Brian on his lunch break so we could see them one more time before we left town. We went to a pizza place called The Joint and really enjoyed ourselves. I thought the picture of Sophie was a funny looking face, she looks like she's squinting or glaring or scheming... you decide.


As you can see we had a stupendous time in Utah; it was so great to see everyone (almost everyone) and spend enough time with family and friends to feel like we were back into the swing of things at home. We love our family so much and are so very lucky to have them! I felt like we were able to do all of the things we wanted to while we were home, all in all a very satisfying vacation.


But I must say that it is WONDERFUL to have Sophie sleeping through the night again now that we're home. (She didn't do it once while we were in Utah for a month and I was getting really tired!) I think traveling is hard on kids, but it was worth it! I am glad to have my jogging stroller and trail back, my friends, my bed, my ward, my car, but most of all.... my schedule!! (I guess I'm like Sophie in that aspect.) It's nice to have a break from life but near the end of our vacation I felt like a kid at the end of summer, ready for some sort of responsibility so I can feel useful and productive again. Also, leaving wasn't as hard as it could have been because we know we'll be back 2 times in the next 2 months for weddings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks like you had so much fun! I'm so glad. I know what you mean though...even though I HATE Salem...it was still nice to come back to a routine, and my own apartment and things. :) Oh, I'm sorry your YW girls don't come to the activities...we just have a HUGE YW, and so even when only half of them come, we still have about 15 girls. It's pretty fun. :)

mommaquincy said...

Thanks for the pictures! We loved having you here. I listen for Sophie to wake up every morning still. I wish I could hold her and let you sleep in a few more times!

Ann said...

Is it just me or in the last picture with Sophie and Elise together Elise looks constipated?

Jessica said...

Maybe she's constipated, I thought she was just shrugging her shoulders. :)

Jessica said...

But I DO think that Sophie looks way orange next to Elise... and I thought Sophie was fair!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

So fun. But it is so nice to be home and back to normal! I love that you agree with me on the bows I love Sophie's! (But I have turned Jason into a bow lover too!)