Saturday, January 19, 2008

11 Monthday

Today Sophie's 11 months old, it's crazy to think she'll be a year next month! Let's see... this month she learned: to cruise, stand on her own for extended periods of time, take a couple steps on her own, wave hello and goodbye, say "mum" and "dada", play peek-a-boo, make kissy noises, love books, eat cheerios, put herself to sleep in her crib, and climb stairs. She just gets smarter everyday. This month she also developed a stronger preference for mommy. She clings to me like crazy these days! Yesterday she would cry, pull on Dan's arm, and try to get me whenever he hugged me. Not sure the reason for that... I read that around this age they tend to be scared of things they didn't used to be because they are smarter and realize it could be dangerous. Maybe that's what this is, she realizes that she needs me so she doesn't want to lose track of me. Who knows. The other thing that isn't really new but a bit different is that Sophie is obsessed with food, not baby food so much, but whatever we are eating. She will eat anything, if we are. I've even given her hot stuff thinking that she'd hate it but she just keeps asking for more. That reminds me, I've been working on baby sign language with her a lot and hope she'll pick up on it soon. I think she understands some of the signs but doesn't do them herself yet. Anyway, we love her a lot and are so proud of her progress!!

Found my shoes. Silly mom!

That's it I'm coming over there! Singing a high note.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I love the high note singing face. She is really into that. She looks older than ever and did you see what looks like a tooth in the top right gum in the silly mom picture?

Shelly said...

Wow that is crazy that she is 11 months old! Time flies! I love that last picture of her! I hope we can get out to Colorado soon! I will let you know!