Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. Sophie woke up with bed head for the first time, it looks pretty tame in the picture but it really was pretty crazy. We thought it was great that she had enough hair for it to get messed up! We just laid around all morning and then decided to go for a jog at noon. This is a picture of Sophie all bundled up to go jogging, she could harldy move with all of these layers plus a quilt and a sleeping bag thing in the stroller. But it was necessary because it was so COLD! That evening we got together with a couple of our friends from the ward to have Thanksgiving dinner. It was nice not to have to make the whole Thanksgiving spread just for Dan and I. Plus I enjoyed sharing the holiday with others, isn't that what Thanksgiving is about? Bringing people together? We had good food and conversation then played a couple games.

I did a little shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but not until 9am... my mom and sisters usually go closer to 5, but without them here, I couldn't find the motivation. I found a few good deals though. Dan was at school for 12 hours that day (NERD!) and I think he was the only one there. Hard to believe he'd rather study than shop huh? The highlight of our Thanksgiving was when my little sister Jenny arrived the day after. She went to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving day but we got her on her way home to Houston the day after. She usually has a lay over in Denver anyway and it ended up saving her money to buy two tickets (one to SL and one to Denver). She got here too late that night to catch Sophie before bed time so the above picture is of them together the following morning. Sophie seemed to remember her aunt Jenny and they got along great! We were so glad to have her and she seemed to be really excited to see Sophie. I love having visitors and Jenny is the best kind because she is so helpful, I think I could use an extra set of hands on a permanent basis! :)



On Saturday we had a good time watching the BYU vs. Utah game. We had a Jason and Ellen over (Jason is in law school with Dan) along with Jenny cheering for the Y with Dan, Sophie and I rooting for the U. BYU won, but we enjoyed an excuse to order pizza and get together. Sophie found a new favorite during the game, celery sticks!

That night Jenny and I enjoyed playing with Sophie and taking these funny pictures of her sucking on the glass door to the porch. The flash is pretty annoying and you can see how dirty the window is but her faces are pretty funny!



And then we really made Jenny work this morning before church when she helped us take some family pictures near our house. I think they turned out pretty good! Didn't she do a wonderful job? Here are a few of my favorites:

This is Sophie waving "hello!"

13 comments:

The Hulls said...

Those pictures are so cute! I've been wanting to take a family picture for christmas cards, but we still haven't.

Dannenbergs said...

You have such a cute little family. I love the porch window faces. Kids can be so much fun.

mommaquincy said...

It sounds like a fun party! I love all of the pictures! Sophie's hair is really growing. Thanks for sharing the fun!

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving! I love the pictures for your Christmas card! You all look so good! You always have the cutest blogs! I still can't figure out the digiscrapbook stuff...all well. Well you all look so good and happy!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Jenny you look cute with sophie! I can't wait to see you all for Christmas (which i think you already know if you have been reading my comment) I love you Jessica, Sophie, and Dan (don't get weird ideas cause I said love Dan cause you guys know what I mean -.-)

Ann said...

How do you do all this cute scrapbook stuff? I love it, I want to know your secret! Also what do you want for Christmas, Brian drew your name but we both know it will be me getting the gift. Love you guys!

jaredelizabeth said...

First of all....GO COUGARS!!!

The pictures turned out great. Sophie looks adorable in the tree.....so photogenic!

cami said...

Such cute pictures. I love the ones of sophie blowing on the window! I'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Nick's sister Brandi... I saw your blog link on Nick and Mandy's blog and I just had to look! I have to tell you that your little girl is SO BEAUTIFUL! She has the most gorgeous big blue eyes! Jessica you are gorgeous too! What a cute family!!!!!

Tracy Giles said...

She is so CUTE!!!!

mommaquincy said...

Hey what happened to Jenny and Sophie? They seem to be hiding behind Sophie waving in the tree. Do you have to move it? I've been trying to and I don't know how.

Jessica said...

Hi Mom, I don't know what you are talking about. Jenny and Sophie are in the same place... maybe you need to maximize the window. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.

jordan said...

This is just Jon's friend looking around. (I'm so nosey). Nice blog here :)
mine is:
www.unknownentry.spaces.live.com