Monday, November 12, 2007

Nick and Mandy's Wedding (and a few other things we did in UT)


One of Dan's best friends Nick and my new friend Mandy were married this weekend in Salt Lake. Dan was planning on going but Sophie and I were not (no funds) but after we found out Sophie wasn't going to be having surgery this weekend my mom surprised us and bought me a ticket to come out for the wedding too! (Although I think she had alterior motives, aka- Sophie.) It was so wonderful to be present at the ceremony, they are such a great couple! We couldn't be happier for them.


While we were waiting for the newly weds to come out of the temple I snagged some pictures of Sophie with her best friend Danielle (we decided they are best friends since their dad's are best friends). They are 2 months apart in age (Danielle is younger). Aren't they sweet?




Although we came out for the wedding we had a few other orders of business in Salt Lake:


1. We met Nicole, my sister-in-law to be. She is engaged to my brother Jason, they are getting married on February 2nd. I was so glad to finally get to meet her, she is really cool. They are also a cute couple!


2. We saw Joni and Matt's new house (probably, the paperwork is still going through). It's in Eagle Mountain and really nice, I loved it. They have 2 bedrooms upstairs and a 2 bedroom apartment in the basement with a full kitchen and w&d in the basement to rent out! I liked the kitchen and the porch best I think. Sorry about the pics, I didn't have a wide angle lens so I had a hard time getting much of the rooms in the pictures.



3. And last, but certainly not least we got to see Elise! Elise is my favorite (and only) niece!! She is absolutely adorable and loads of fun. I can't belive how much she's grown since we've seen her last. She was very cute with Sophie sharing toys, giving hugs, and kisses. Sophie also thought her cousin was pretty special and gave her lots of smiles and squeals.


And here are some other pictures from our weekend for your viewing pleasure.

Sophie with Aunt Chantel and Uncle Josh. Sophie with her veggie-stache spitting and yelling at the kids in a restaurant.

On her knees!



It was a short trip but it was sure great to attend the wedding and get a glimpse of some family and friends. (Thanks for the ticket Mom!) We can't wait to go back a month and spend some quality time over Christmas!!

5 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Jess, your photography is wonderful as usual. I stood and watched you and Sophie go through security at the airport. What a hassle. I only cried for a second when they let you go!

Ann said...

Elise misses her cousin, they were great together. Can't wait to see you in a month.

Mary-Anne said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! That is so nice that your mom bought you a ticket. I'm glad you got to back, even if it was a short trip. :) I must say, I am a little jealous, but that's okay; we'll be there in just over a month!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful can't wait tell you come back for chistmas. Speaking of which, jenny is coming for thanks giving and I can't wait and yay! Fam is so awesome love you all!

The Hulls said...

That is so exciting that you got to go back for a little trip!! I can't wait to go back for Christmas!