Monday, November 19, 2007

3/4 year old

Sophie is 9 months old today, so it's official: she's now be outside of me longer than she was inside of me. It seems weird to think of it that way because it seems like she's always been a part of our family and pregnancy didn't seem that long. This past month she has learned to crawl faster; say "mum mum mum" (only when she is really sad though, but I take it where I can get it!); pull herself to her knees and to her feet (still her favorite thing to do, any place, any time); feed herself finger food; and spit food back in our faces that she doesn't like. The standing next to furniture is a little scary because she can't get down by herself, she just falls and tries to control it. She just keeps getting smarter, she seems to have become more attached to her mom this month and developed stranger anxiety. She's mostly scared of men she doesn't know who get too close (like the doctor). Speaking of the doctor, we just got back from there: she's 17 1/2 lb (27th percentile) and 27 inches long (31st percentile).

I have also included her teddy bear collage with a picture of her every month next to her teddy bear since she was 1 week old. Look how she's grown!
On a friend's blog she challenged everyone to write what they are thankful for since Thanksgiving is this week, so here it goes. I am very lucky, I have been given a wonderful husband who loves me and takes good care of me. I have been blessed with a beautiful daughter who makes me smile all day, everyday. I am grateful that I have the gospel of Jesus Christ to guide me and help me through this life. I am thankful that I have a healthy body and mind so I can do the things I want/need to do. I am thankful to have such a wonderful supportive family who helps, teaches, and loves me. They are truly one of my greatest blessings. I am thankful for the challenges that the Lord gives me so I can grow into a better, stronger person. I am so grateful for my calling to be a mother, it has brought me more joy that I ever thought possible. One of my new favorite things is to go jogging on a crisp fall morning and just enjoy the beauty around me, I am grateful for nature. I love this time of year when everyone seems to be a little more friendly and selfless. I'd like to also invite all of you to write some of the things you are thankful for as well! Happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I'm thankful for Jessica's blog. It makes me smile. I'm thankful for all of my family. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and how His atonement helps me everyday to repent to take away my pain, worry and sorrow. I'm thankful for turkey!

Mary-Anne said...

This was a good idea! I took your advice! I love the pictures of Sophie...she is so cute!!

cami said...

Sophie has grown so much. I am so excited to see you guys at Christmas!!

Jason said...

Sophie is so cute, but when is she going to undergo a fashion change to bow-less.

cami said...

I love all her bear pictures. But I wish i could open it up so I can see them bigger. She so adorable.

Jessica said...

I know! I don't know why it won't expand the bear collage picture, it will expand all the rest. It is a jpg just like all of the others... I'll try uploading it again and see what happens.