Sophie got her first bruise today. Well she got it yesterday but it appeared today. It was my fault, at the doctor's office I yanked her out of the stroller and didn't notice that her leg was sort of caught underneath the tray. I've done it to her before because her foot gets stuck like that often but never with such a reaction! She screamed in intense pain followed by many tears and whimpering, I couldn't see anything until this morning when I was getting her dressed, and I felt terrible!! I took a picture of course... because that's just what I do. :) Poor kid.
Oh and by the way, this doctor conviced me to wait to operate on Sophie's nevus for now. He thinks we should wait until she's old enough to make the decision herself, which is what I wanted to do in the first place but had been convinced otherwise by the other 6 doctors we've talked to. It totally caught me off guard because I was planning on scheduling her surgery while I was there yesterday. He assured me that the risk of melanoma is nearly zero, despite what other doctors have told me. It made me think because it would seem to be in his best interest to operate on Sophie but he told me if it was his child he wouldn't. Now I guess I have to weigh all of the opinions I have recieved and decide what's best for Sophie. I will just hate to see her ridiculed and made fun of by her peers in school, but I would also hate to see her go into surgery and through the recovery process as a baby. I am no good at making decisions!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
little bruiser
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
That's so sad, but don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure she'll forgive you. And good luck with the whole nevus thing. I don't know what I would do in your situation. But I think it's good that you've gotten a lot of different opinions. I don't know if that helps your decision making, though.
Post a Comment