Sophie is excited in the above picture because we had just got home from the airport with Joni and Matt! btw - That orange bowl is one of her favorite things these days, she likes to pull herself up on it. We had a GREAT weekend with Aunt Joni and Uncle Matt! They arrived on Wednesday (Halloween) so we carved pumpkins that afternoon in hopes they would attract some cute trick-or-treaters.
Dan's pumpkin
my (Jessica's) pumpkin
Joni's pumpkin (left) Matt's pumpkin (right)
I think we all did a pretty good job, but our only trick-or-treaters were our friends the Allens (aren't they a cute family?) from our ward (thanks for coming guys!!)... so we just ate all of the extra candy ourselves:). 
On Thursday Joni and Matt watched Sophie for me in the morning while I went in to my first day of work at my new job. (I got a job working for a small local accounting firm. I needed to go in for a little training and to do some field work for an audit we are starting but I will usually be working from home.) I felt really bad leaving them when they just got to town, but they were
wonderful. You can tell they care for Sophie and she loves them a lot! That evening Dan and Matt played Halo all night long.
wonderful. You can tell they care for Sophie and she loves them a lot! That evening Dan and Matt played Halo all night long.On Friday we did a whole lot of shopping. We started out at the 16th street mall. I heard on the news that it's the #1 tourist attraction in Denver... but I think we all were a little disappointed. It's an outdoor mall (on 16th street) that is closed to traffic with the exception of their free buses and pedestrians of course. But there weren't many cool stores... the highlight of the trip was finding the ESPN Zone for the guys. We ended up at the Cherry Creek Mall which is "normal" an
indoor mall. They have an area with couches and TV's for the men folk, so we left Dan and Matt there while Joni and I did some serious hunting for clothes. I really enjoyed the quality time with Joni, I miss my sisters a lot. That night we went to Red Robin where Sophie entertained us by trying various table foods, I think the funniest was cantaloupe... she makes a killer face, you would think she's eating a sour patch kid to look at the face she pulls! We are so glad that Joni and Matt could come out and see us, I don't know if they had fun but we sure did!! Truth be told I cried when I got home from dropping them off at the airport, I miss them already.

















5 comments:
the pumpkins are impressive! The ones my cub scouts painted were not very good. What a cute group of girls we have in our family! Matt and Dan are okay,too.
Oh jess were so alike :) i cried too! that's okay you guys will be here in no time!!
Visitors are so fun. I'm glad your sister could come visit you! And don't worry...I cried almost the whole way home from the airport after I dropped off my mom, and it's an hour drive! I really know how you feel.
How fun you got to have you sister come out! It's always hard when they have to leave though. I love the top picture of Sophie!
Oh.... Joni And Jessica look so wonderful together and looks like they had fun playing with Sophie together! I can't wait tell we are all home for Chirstmas as one big family again just thinking about it makes me smile!
Post a Comment