I pulled out the Christmas decorations this afternoon, I wasn't going to do it since we leave town in 2 weeks and won't be home until mid January. I thought it wasn't worth it since we wouldn't be here to enjoy them. But I just felt so humbug-ish without them. Plus I had some people coming over later and it seemed appropriate. ANYWAY, one of our decorations is a xylophone like thing with little soldiers who play Christmas songs. I turned it on to see if there were batteries in it and when it started playing Sophie started dancing!! I hurried and got the video camera (I've learned that she doesn't always do stuff more than once so if I wait, I miss it.) She was dancing all night whenever I turned it on again or sang a song she'd start bouncing!! Gee I really hope she keeps this up because I think it is so adorable!
She really gets into it and she can tell that I like it so it just makes her bounce harder, too cute... I love it. Her personality comes out more all the time. Quick story: last night we were at a friend's house visiting teaching. She has a daughter who is 13 months named Brinley. Sophie just loves kids so she immediately wriggles out of my arms so she can crawl over to Brinley. Poor Brinley was terrified of Sophie and kept whimpering to her mom for help as Sophie proceeded to scream at Brinley (in a loving way), grab her binky and climb up her legs to reach her face. Sophie is anything but shy and can hold her own she tends to sort of beat up kids (by trying to play with them) since she is so curious. I've always said she has no respect for personal space.









7 comments:
OK, that might seriously be the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love it!
I am much of a blog addict as well. My husband teases me about it! So of course you can check ours out.
Your blog is so cute that if you see some things that are familiar on mine, just now I am a copy cat!
You are right, it is adorable! Doesn't she do that for other music? Is it just Christmas soldiers that inspire her? I'm excited to trying the croaking frogs and see if she dances to them. Maybe you need to bring that Christmas decoration here! I'm getting very excited for you to come!
That is hilarious. She learned her moves from you huh.
I meant to tell you last night that I liked all the decorations, but I forgot....so I like the decorations. They looked great. Thanks again for a fun night last night. THE FOOD WAS FAB!!!!!
That is so cute! I can't believe she's already pulling herself up on things.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The dancing was funny and so was the story of sophie beating up other kids. You guys shouldn't worry about sophie in school if anyone bothers her she will just beat them up right ;)! Love you guys!
How cute!! I love it when babies dance! :) And I think it's good you're putting up decorations even if it's only for two weeks...they are so fun! I put up mine early since we're going to be gone...
That is soo cute! Reese loves to dance too! It's funny how they learn to dance and move to music when their so little.
Post a Comment