Thursday, March 26, 2009

a purse for one, a bald spot for another and a snow day for ALL!

nap time purse 003

Sophie is a really good sleeper. The vast majority of the time as soon as I say the words "nap time" or "bed time." She's on her way to her bed and willingly climbs in.  Sophie has no attachment to any one stuffed animal she seems to love them all equally, admittedly she goes through times of preference for a particular rabbit or bear but it always seems to change.  So I'm never surprised to hear a new request of someone to sleep with.  The other day though she laid down and said, "purse Mommy, purse please!"  I had to go get the camera, it was just too funny to see her laying there sleepy eyed with one arm out holding her empty purse.  What a funny girl!

This is what it looked like out our window this afternoon.

snow day - blizzard out the window

snow day - Dan and Soph Yep, we had a little blizzard.  Dan got a call and a text from the school at 6 this morning letting him know the school was closed due to the storm.  Frankly, I think it is pretty pathetic that they had to close everything today.  I mean EVERYTHING, they closed schools, malls, court houses, they even canceled TV shows so they could have more news coverage of the storm!  Dan just told me that the Governor declared a state of emergency and deployed the National Guard.  Yes it was a big storm, but not THAT big!  I think we got 8 inches... but this is DENVER, aren't they used to snow?  Apparently not.  Oh well, but it was fun to see Dan some more today.  He still went into work but came home at 2:00 because the office closed, they were worried about the snow too.  Here's hoping he can stay home and take Sophie out in the snow tomorrow!!

 

Sophie's friend Brinley came over this morning and the girls did a lot of this:

snow day - looking out the window

While Sophie was napping I got some shots of Tessa doing her "tummy time."  She's a pretty good sport and I am surprised how well she holds her head up already with me just putting her on her stomach once a day.

snow day - Tessa's tummy timesnow day - Tessa cheesersnow day - Tessa sweet facesnow day - Tessa's bald spotsnow day - Tess and my eyes

To prove how little time she spends on her stomach, Tessa is now sporting a lovely bald spot on the back of her head.  Apparently I had one of my own as a baby as well.  I had Dan take that last picture so we could see the difference in our eye color.  I know I talk about this way too much, but the suspense is killing me!  It seems like it would be most likely for Tessa's eyes to be brown like mine but especially when they are right next to each other it sure doesn't look that way, does it?  

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, her eyes do look blue(ish)! It'd be so cute for her to have dark hair and blue eyes.

Leslie & Matt said...

Thanks again for watching Brinley, I feel bad that I was late & I didn't even stay to say a very good thanks! We need to have you guys over sometime! Brinley always has so much fun with Sopie & its nice to have a friend so close by!!

Ambyr said...

8 inches isn't bad, according to the news here you guys had like 2 feet!!! Sophie is seriously adorable. She seems to have such a cute personality, I hope that someday she and Austin can play together. In my opinion Tessa's eyes will be brown like her Momma's. What color are Sophie's? Don't worry about the bald spot, I think all of us had one at one point.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

I totally agree with the patheticness of all of the closures yesterday! What the HECK! This IS Denver isn't it? We are still in Kansas aren't we Toto? Hmmm...apparently not!

Jenny Kendall said...

Tessa isn't very embarrassed about her bald spot. I think she pulls it off pretty well.

Cami said...

Sophie looks so cute with her purse. And Tessa's big smile, so contagious! And yeah for snow days! Hope you got lots of time to enjoy each other :0)

mommaquincy said...

That Tessa is just you all over! I've just got to guess that her eyes will follow suit. Everything else has! Sophie is such a cute little thing. She just likes to come up with something origal every day. I guess that if they don't shovel the roads, they must need to close them when there's lots of snow!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

I can definitely see what you mean with her eye color. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! She is just beautiful. I need to do more tummy time with Adri too.

Megan said...

THat's funny about the snow storm. I think we got it then it moved to you guys. Looks like you had a good time on your spring break. That's nice Dan was able to stay home and play for the day. Tessa is growing so fast.

The Allens said...

Those darn bald spots that show up especially well on dark haired babies! Katie had a pretty serious one. But Tessa's so cute it doesn't really matter!

Ali said...

I love that Sophie needs an accessory to sleep with. How funny. Your girls are so darling. I heard that snow storm was indeed massive. My sister is in the Highlands ranch area.

Emily said...

Cute pictures! I totally agree with you about the storm. You'd think with all the attention it got the roads would have been plowed better! Oh well, it was fun to have it snow again.

Joni's Crazy Life's Adventures said...

i was just looking over some old pics in my excitement of seeing you guys and i saw this and i say tessa's eyes wont be brown yours were black when you were a baby! and i also couldn't help but notice in that pic how pretty your eyes are!