For most people this wouldn't be a blog worthy event... but for me it was.
I got a CAR WASH!! I haven't washed my car in... brace yourself... 2 YEARS!!! I know, it's gross. Why may you ask haven't I wash my car is so long? You may also be wondering what prompted me to do so after such a long time? Let me explain.
The first question is easy to answer, just too poor and too lazy. It's impossible to wash your car yourself if you don't have a driveway or more importantly a HOSE! Plus Denver doesn't use salt on their roads in the winter, they use sand (I know what you're thinking and no, it doesn't really work) so I'm not worried about the car rusting. And it rains pretty often here in Denver so I it hasn't gotten all that dirty. Also, I just don't care about having a clean car very much. I touch the inside not the outside and I figure it makes it less likely to be stolen or broken into since it doesn't look very nice. :)
The answer to the second question is simple as well. We had to renew our car registration and the license plate was too dirty for the new sticker to stick. It wasn't a problem last year because we got new plates and put the stickers on before attaching them to our dirty car.

So to avoid the inevitable ticket for expired registration, I went to a really cool car wash that looks like a steam boat! It was recommended to me by a friend because it's $3 on Wednesdays. (FYI- the above picture is not where I went, just the closest pic I could find.) I know it's been awhile but I have to say, car wash technology has come a long way in 2 short years! You drive your wheel in the thing, put your car in neutral, take your foot of the break and the steam boat does the rest! I know you're all rolling your eyes at me like I'm a 62 year old trying to use a computer, but I was impressed.
I think the best part about having a clean car is how much better I can see. Leaving the car wash yesterday I felt like I did when I was driving home wearing my first pair of eye glasses, seeing leaves on the trees for the first time, able to read license plates, and street signs. It was WONDERFUL! In fact I sang "I can see clearly now the crud is gone..." the whole way home.









4 comments:
So I'm affraid to ask but how long has it been since you've vacumed the inside?
That's one of the funniest things I've heard today!!! I washed my car today as well :) .. I hope that you enjoy the new scenery!!
You are hillarious! We love that car wash & I have to try not to go too often! I especially love $3 "Wacky Wednesday"! Oh, on a side note: Brinley hates the carwash & begs me NOT to go! I have to hold her hand the whole time!!
Jessica!!! Hey it's Lisa Stallings, well Nielsen. How are you? I totally blog stalked you from Kolbi's blog. Your daughters are beautiful. I talked to your dad a couple months ago and he told me about you having your second. Good for you guys! I hope we can keep in touch!
Post a Comment