We’re expecting baby number 3!
I can’t really hide much this time around. I don’t know how other people do it! My good friend Susan kept it a secret until she was almost 20 weeks, her 3rd too! My stomach has just given up trying to hold these babies in I guess, because my tummy started to pooch really early, I noticed a difference by only 6 weeks. I am just over 12 weeks and yesterday at church I know a lot of my friends were really starting to wonder if Jessica had eaten too many doughnuts over the weekend or what! That’s right, I saw those looks on your faces!
So I just finished my 1st trimester and am feeling fine. I’m proud to say that I’ve kept up my 20 miles a week of running so far. I try to be careful not too push myself so I have slowed my pace by 30 s to 1m per mile (depending on how I feel that day). I don’t always feel like hitting the trail, but never regret it! I have to give energy to get it. I hope to keep it up as long as possible. Anyone who has run through pregnancy I’m very interested to hear your advice! I’ve read about maternity belts for support but I’ve never tried anything like that.
We are all so excited! I went to the doctor this morning and got the ultrasound photo shown above. We stopped at the store on our way home and Sophie carried the photo in her hand the whole time! She stared at it a long time as I pointed out the body parts as if trying to prove to her that it really was a picture of the baby in mom’s tummy. She thought about it awhile and asked, “Mom is our baby black?” I laughed pretty hard and told her the photo didn’t show colors but that our baby probably isn’t black. :) The girls were so cute watching the ultrasound seeing the baby wiggle around, they kept saying, “OH, look at the tiny baby, oh!” And asking me if it was crying. My due date is July 30th.









30 comments:
YAY!! Congratulations! :)
Congratulations Jessica! That is so exciting and wonderful!
How exciting. It seems you and I have done a good job at having all our babies pretty close together. Thats great you have kept up on your running. Hope you are feeling good and I am super excited for you. Here's to number 3!!!
I wanted to say congratulations a few weeks ago because my mom found out from your mom but decided if you had not announced it on your blog I should wait. I am very happy for you and hope that everything goes well. I can't believe so many of my friends are on number three and I can't fathom having one. I am so happy for you and miss you like crazy.
Congrats! Thats so exciting!
Congrats Jessica! That is so exciting for you guys. I love Sophies comment.
Congrats!! You guys make cute kids so keep them coming! Haha! :)
The girls' responses are so cute! And that is the sweetest ultrasound picture I've ever seen. Baby is reaching out to hug his (let's just assume) sisters! So happy for you! I wish you had three kids before me so I could ask your advise. You're such a great mom. I love you and your growing family!
The girls' responses are so cute! And that is the sweetest ultrasound picture I've ever seen. Baby is reaching out to hug his (let's just assume) sisters! So happy for you! I wish you had three kids before me so I could ask your advise. You're such a great mom. I love you and your growing family!
Yay! Another cute baby coming into the world! I had no idea you were pregnant. It's really hard to tell from where I sit at church ;)
YAY! My favorite blog posts are baby announcements and births!!!!!!!!! Congrats.
Congratulations!
That 10 mile run you made on Christmas Eve totally fooled me! I think you look amazing and the baby is cute, no matter what color 'he' is. (Dean really needs another boy in the family)
Oh how exciting Jessica!! I'm very happy for you. Congratulations. That is a wonderful news!
Ya-hOO! I just KNEW this post was coming, and am so super excited for you! Now, just stop making me look bad by running the whole pregnancy! ;) Still missing you! :)
Jess, that is awesome! You are amazing to keep on running. Good for you. I love how excited your girls are...and I hope the baby isn't black or I'd be wondering about you:)! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more!
That's great news!! Congrats!
Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm impressed you have been running. I did for a lot of Katelyn's pregnancy, but then resorted to walking when it got too uncomfortable. However, i do have a friend who ran right up until the day she delivered. I don't think she ever used a support belt, but I bet they would help. Good luck with everything!
Congratulations!!! We are very excited for you. Any feelings about what this one will be?
Wahoo!!! 12 weeks is still a long time to keep it quiet. Congrats! I am with Leslie; stop running so much you're making the rest of us look bad. :) I am impressed though. If you're ever in the mood to just walk, let me know.
What a blessing! Three is SOOO much fun. I have really enjoyed it, myself :) Good luck!!
Congrats Jessica! That is so exciting!! I can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl!
I also asked my mom when I was four and she was pregnant with my sister....if she was having a white baby or a black baby. Ha! Congratulations! Can't wait to find out the gender :)
Congrats beautiful! Can't wait to hear what you are having!
congrats! That's exciting. I hope you can keep runnin too. I have with both mine. It does get harder but makes getting back into it that much easier. I think too it gives me more energy instead of taking it away.
CONGRATS!!!! Sophie's comment had me rolling! Ummm...about the whole sticking out with your third thing I am totally there...what the heck? I almost spent more time getting in shape for this little one than the others and here I am at twelve weeks looking much farther along for me. Boo! It will be worth it though!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I've been hoping you would have a 3rd since you and Dan make such beautiful children!! I'm so excited for you two! I can't wait to follow the pregnancy along!!
Very exciting!!! Congratulations!
"Mom, is our baby black?" HILARIOUS! Congratulations, that is really exciting news!
Congrats Jessica! That is so exciting. Can't wait to find out what you're having!
Post a Comment