Saturday, January 22, 2011

our Christmas vacation (part two)

Christmas Morning at the Quincy’s

We spent Christmas morning in my parent’s home along with my parents (obviously), Jonathan, and the Kendalls.  It was fun, very nostalgic for Jenny and I to be in the same house being forced to eat our breakfast first in the same kitchen, and then lining up by age in the same hall to go in and see what Santa brought us in the same stockings we’ve had since we were babes.  This is where Christmas was magical for me.  Thanks for making it that way Mom and Dad!

{Here’s the early risers at the breakfast table.} {Jonathan and Sophie, the earliest risers waiting for the rest of us to finish eating so we could go into see the presents together.}

christmas day - quincys breakfast table christmas day - quincys jon and soph

And in regular Christmas fashion, there was one who didn’t want to get up as early as the rest of us in the morning… any guesses who it was???  In his defense, poor Dan had been up coughing most of the night and did NOT feel well.  But I guilted him into coming asked him nicely to come up so he could see his kids open their presents from Santa. :)  Look at those poor tired eyes, he’s a good guy.

christmas day - quincys dan breakfastchristmas day - quincys tess breakfast 

Anyway, onto the LOOT!  I was so happy to finally be able to give my girls the gifts I had bought them.  It’s hard to wait!

{Rockstar Sophie loves her toy guitar.} {Dean, loves this airplane of course because it has WHEELS.}

christmas day - quincys soph dressed up guitar christmas day - quincys dean smirk

{Tessa hugging her Ariel barbie, she brings her to bed most every night these days. Ariel is her favorite princess, either her or Cinderlla.}  {Tessa, multi-tasking.  That’s a wooden pizza she’s holding, btw.}

 christmas day - quincys tess hugging ariel christmas day - quincys tess multitasking

{Sophie opening her much-desired, and long-talked-about little horses.  They’ve had a LOT of play time since this day.} {I love this picture of Jenny and James because they have such an obviously opposite reaction to watching the same thing. Too funny.}

christmas day - quincys soph opening little horses christmas day - quincys jen james funny

The girls made time for some lip gloss application… got to have pretty lips for all those Christmas pictures!

christmas day - quincys soph lip gloss christmas day - quincys tess chapstick

Santa introduced them to something new and wonderful, Ring Pops!!

christmas day - quincys soph ring pop christmas day - quincys tess ring pop

Time to stop and give Grandpa and Grandma some love.

christmas day - quincys tess and gpa christmas day - quincys soph and gma

{Here’s Mom reading the sticky note on the calendar I gave her indicating the due date of our next baby, thanks for the idea Ann! Do you think we surprised her?  I think so, although she’s always really animated.}  {Sophie, just being her beautiful self.}

christmas day - quincys gmas surprise christmas day - quincys soph close

{Soph playing Candyland with Grandma.}

christmas day - quincys soph gma candy land

Such a fun morning!  I do love Christmas.  I hope your Christmas was full of just as much love and joy as ours.

This post is long enough already, so I think I’ll do a another one for Christmas afternoon/evening with the Chapman family.

4 comments:

The Hulls said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you guys! I'm glad you guys were able to go back home for Christmas! I also love the way you told your family! So fun!

mommaquincy said...

What a fun morning! So nice to relive it! I noticed a lot of similarities between Dean and Sophie in the side by side pictures. I am very glad you could make it for Christmas!

Mary said...

You do such a great job at candid shots--so many great Christmas-morning expressions!
Do you really want to do a quiet book with us? We could easily add one person to a group, so give it some thought and let me know. We've all been scavenging the internet for ideas. There are too many choices! Anyway, we'd love to have you join us!

Kristen said...

Your family looks so great! Your parents haven't changed at all! I miss your family, send them my love!