After a rousing morning at the Dentist, I brought the girls home and got things ready for Tessa’s party. The word party seems kind of generous for the small family gathering we had… we had invited a few people over for cake and ice cream that night but since the days previous were spent with both of my girls vomiting into mixing bowls, our guests were un-invited for their own safety. :) Happily the girls were about 90% better by that night. We did have balloons, thanks to our awesome Dentist, and a birthday banner! Tessa choose chicken nuggets, fries, and pizza (I think Dan added that last one with a little idea planting) for her birthday dinner. Dan also brought home another Tessa favorite, Sierra Mist. Which she likes to call (in the cutest voice in the world!) “my bublee drink!”
Tessa choose to eat cake first, and “blow ou de cannel!” Dan kept lighting it again and again at Tessa’s request, she blew it out several times, so I got lot’s of pictures.
I put star sprinkles on her cupcakes because she likes stars so much. In this picture she is putting a sprinkle “up in a sky!” while singing twinkle twinkle. She has been known to break into singing that song at random times, she’ll stop everything, get everyone’s attention and then proceed to sing really slowly (keeping tempo mind you) and quietly every word to the end. I thought I had a video of her singing it, but she’s really not the performing type. I have a few video's of me asking her and getting refused. :) So I guess you’ll just have to imagine it for now.
Present time! It was love at first sight for her and this plush puppy. The grandparents certainly came through for this lucky girl!
Tessa we love you dearly you are such a joy.
Here’s your growth stat’s from your 2 year check up (for the record):
height: 33 1/2 in (45%)
Weight: 26 lb 4 oz (45%)
Head Cir: 48 1/2 cm (75%)
Hat’s off to Sophie as well, she really did a great job letting Tessa have her day. She would remind Tessa every hour or so that, “it’s TESSA’s birthday, not Sophie’s,” and she’d sing her happy birthday again. Sophie was very excited for Tessa to open her presents but only encouraged her, didn’t do it for her. Sophie’s seeming so grown up! Still, she definitely took her turn with the new toys as well!
Happy Birthday Tessa!









15 comments:
Cutest post ever!!
She's adorable! Can't believe she's 2...it seems like you were just posting about being pregnant with her! Weird. Time goes by so fast.
Your baby girl is so adorable! I wish we were nearby for play dates! Happy Birthday to Tessa! I loved the bubbly drink detail!
Yay Tessa! Such a big girl!
What a cute 2 year old!
Such darling girls! When there's cake and a candle its a party! I love that she got to blow it out over and over! Sophie really is growing up!
What a great celebration! I agree with your mom.....when there's a cake and candle, it's a party!!! Glad that both girls were feeling better to adequately celebrate :) Can you believe she's two!!?! It looks like Ryker's on her heels in height/weight, but I'm not ready for him to be two!!!
Tessa is just the cutest thing ever! Such a bummer that the girls were sick before though. Funny thing, Gavin's 1 year stats are not far from Tessa's two year stats, my goodness I have a big boy.
Cute girls. Tessa's such a cute little two year old. Fun times at the dentist. That's a bummer they were sick, glad they are feeling better. Looks like they have fun toys to play with now.
Holy Cow it does NOT seem like that long ago that I was bringing dinner to you guys & getting a peek at a 2 day old Tessa! I will never forget her full dark head of hair & how tiny she was in your arms! How did that time go by so fast! We sure miss you guys & wish Tessa the best of (post) Birthday wishes!
Oh how I wish I could see these girls again in person! Tessa is an adorable 2 year old! Hope they're both feeling 100% today.
Tessa looks so cute in her Cinderella dress! Even though she's not that much older than Ella she looks so much older since she has such cute long hair.
So glad everyone was feeling well enough to celebrate. She looked adorable sitting with her cake!
so cute!! Great pictures, as always :)
Darling pictures! You have such beautiful girls!
Post a Comment