This year was a first, it’s the first time we’ve gone home for Thanksgiving since we moved away. We decided to mostly because Dan’s brother Matt and his wife Cami who live in Virginia are expecting a baby and won’t be home for Christmas and that’s usually 1 of the 2 times we see them a year, so we decided to take a whole week and spend it with our family back home in good old squeaky clean UTAH! It really is literally CLEANER there by the way, at least I think so. Less trash, and more clean air… maybe I’m crazy, but it seems that way to me! Anyway, here’s my accounting of our Thanksgiving vacation. THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURES, consider yourself warned. I think my new sidebar button puts it well, I am a “pathological picture-taker.” And I don’t like to leave out any cute ones!
Fishing at the Quincy’s
Tessa had some awesome bed head on this trip, her hair is getting quite thick and getting longer every day! Sophie talks about these fishing poles all the time, “Go to Gama’s house and catch a fish!” My mom was so sweet to get up early with Sophie every morning while Dan, Tess, and I all slept in.
Day one – family time
The first group (up to the fairy picture) is from when we went up to watch my youngest brother swim in a meet. He did a great job! Sophie LOVES her uncle Jonathan and was cheering for him the whole time we were there, not just for the short time he was swimming, but the ENTIRE time we were there. While we were waiting for him to come out of the locker room the girls had a fantastic time playing with my cute little sis, Joni. Tessa especially enjoyed the open space and kept trying to crawl away!
The fairy picture speaks for itself, Sophie loves her cousin Elise so much and was BEYOND excited to see her. They play well for the most part. Dan said he caught them having full on fights rolling around on the ground and hitting each other… but that was the day they didn’t get naps. So anyway, that night we went back home to my parents and Meg showed Sophie how “the ladies ride,” Sophie ate it up and kept asking to do it over and over. Poor Meg was exhausted and asked Josh to do it, he claimed he didn’t know how… silly Josh.
Hanging out after Church
We got to see the whole family (except the Houston folk) Sunday afternoon, even Jack and Stephanie made the long trek up from Provo (30 min)! We had a good time together and enjoyed a nice FHE.
random
Dan tried to study for finals 6 hours a day while we were in Utah, he did a pretty good job too! One afternoon we met him for lunch along with Aunt Candice and Grandpa Tom. Sophie loves to seize any opportunity to squeeze Tessa, as she did for that picture. My mom left for Houston on Monday so she had to get some loves in before she left to see the newest grand babies! My dad helped me get the girls ready for bed that night and I had to laugh when Tessa suddenly looked so much like her Grandpa after he combed her hair! Also, Sophie like to pretend she was stuck between the couches like in the picture. She says, “I’m stucking!” instead of “I’m stuck.”
Playing at the Wells’
Friend time
It was fun to see some friends too. We played a cool game called WhoNu, not sure about the spelling. But I liked it because it’s incorporates learning about the people playing with the game, it’s the whole point! Later in the week the Zoo was free, so Mandy and I braved the cold with our little ones and had a great time!! Sophie has coveted zoo wagons her whole life and since we didn’t have our double stroller, I indulged her. She was one happy camper in that wagon!
Well, it’s after midnight so I’ll just make this a 2 part Thanksgiving post and post the rest tomorrow.









5 comments:
So much fun! I love how are families don't mind doing things together, it makes life easier. We had so much fun and can't wait to see you again in a few weeks.
Your pictures are wonderful! I've been anxiously waiting for them! I'm so glad I got to spend time with your cuties before I left town! It just doesn't get better than spending time with all 4 in the same week!
Hey, I think that Utah is cleaner too! Hope that doesn't offend anyone, but everything about it just seems that way. Also, I love the pic of Tessa in the tiarra SO cute!
It looks like you had a eventful week! Although, you need to come out from behind that camera once in a while :) Your girls make me laugh - so full of energy and smiles!
And you last post made me cry. Yes, I do cry easily....but thank you for sharing your experience. It was a good reminder of what kindness can do for others!
the picture of Chris kissing Tessa is about my all time favorite picture!
Post a Comment