Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tessa’s 1st birthday

 Tess 12 mo - cake (focus) with TessaTess 12 mo - opening baby present    Tess 12 mo - opening cradle

Tessa really liked all of her presents… all 3 of them!  She didn’t really get into her cupcake, we were surprised.  I think she was too tired.

Tess 12 mo - holding baby by cradle Tess 12 mo - tess pushing strollerTess 12 mo - Tess WWF baby Tess 12 mo - tess sprayed in the face Tess 12 mo - Tess suprised face Tess 12 mo - messy tess fake smileTess 12 mo - fake smile   Tess 12 mo - cake collageOn Tessa’s actual birthday I held book club at my house, sweet Dan took them out on a date!  They went out to dinner at Johnny Rocket’s, played at the mall in the playground, and got ice cream at McDonald’s.  They had so much fun.  Dan is such a great dad.  I did 2 bear photo shoots and couldn’t help putting pictures from both up here.

Tess 12 mo - Daddy daughter dateTess 12 mo - cute bear picTess 12 mo - page

We love you so much Tessa!  You are a complete joy, and one of the cutest things we’ve ever seen!  Here are some things you like at 1 year old:

  • baby dolls (obviously)
  • being surprised
  • eating frozen peas (frozen)
  • Daddy
  • giving wet kisses
  • signing thank you (you can also sign please, baby, more, eat, milk and wave)
  • walking on your knees
  • playing with Sophie’s toys when she’s napping, so naughty!
  • riding on Sophie-horse (her back)
  • being chased
  • making snake sounds
  • nodding your head yes

8 comments:

The Culbertson's said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up!?! Looks like she had a graet 1st birthday, she is so darling.

mommaquincy said...

Tessa! You are the most amazingly sweet and cute thing ever! I love the pictures! Sooo cute!

Mindee said...

Oh, Tessa sounds like even more of a sweetheart than she looks! Her bear pics are so cute, I love that idea!

I can't believe she's one!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Happy Birthday! How did she get to be this age already?!? Hasn't the second baby gone by so much faster than the first? I remember when we were both pregnant. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Hope you had a great christmas.

Lisa Nielsen said...

Happy Birhtday Tessa! I love the picture where she is doing a leg lift! Soo cute. I hope you had a merry Christmas.

Leslie & Matt said...

Such a cutie! I don't know why, but I am always calling her "Tessa-bear" without thinking about it & I LOVE that you use the same cute bear to mark all of the growth pics. Such a good Mom! Happy B-Day Tess, thanks for cutting it short so we could have a fabulous time at book club! :)

Megan said...

Wow! that went fast. She is so cute. Looks like she had a great Birthday.

Inspired said...

I LOVE the pic of her holding her doll! Those pig tails are so cute too! I can't believe she is 1.