Monday, December 8, 2008

Parade of Lights

After a week at home waiting to go into labor, without a car and weather too cold to go on walks I was very anxious to GET OUT!!!  Luckily some friends of ours had a great idea.  We went to the Parade of Lights in downtown Denver.  And we had a wonderful time!  The weather was perfect, we didn’t really need our big coats or gloves and there was almost no wind.  Sophie really enjoyed the parade she was amazed by everything.  It’s nice that she’s so easily impressed. :)

parade of lights - marching bandparade of lights - Nutcraker floatparade of lights - ship  parade of lights - Dennis the Menaceparade of lights - Dan and Sophie

parade of lights - Evalene parade of lights - Emily parade of lights - happy Sophie parade of lights - Dan the bouncerparade of lights - Sophie neighing parade of lights - group shot

For the record: the last picture is Brent, Dave, Ali, Jill, Sophie, Jake, Evalene, Angi, Emily, Kim, me and Dan.  Gotta love the shots taken with a timer, I use our stroller as a tripod more than I ever use the tripod!  My favorite part of this picture is how I managed to make myself look bigger (if that’s even possible at 37 weeks pregnant) by taking the picture at a wide angle, wearing a white coat, putting myself in front, AND standing sideways!!  Oh well, I am what I am right?  You’d just think that I would have the presence of mind to position myself better when I am the one setting up the group shot.  Anyway, I think two of the other pictures above could do with an explanation.  The picture of Dan “guarding” our strollers in the doorway I thought was funny, because he looks so suspicious of someone off to the right.  I had to keep talking him into coming over by us so he could see the parade instead of standing in front of our stuff (it was just behind us).  And the last picture of Sophie is her signing and neighing at the horses.  She really did LOVE every minute of that parade, not to mention we got her a happy meal on the way up and let’s just say that those really are happy meals.  My child loves some chicken nuggets and fries.  Again, it’s REALLY great how easily impressed she is.  The only downside to the whole night was that Dan and I were nervous the whole time about me going into labor.  It just would have been a BAD situation.  We took the light rail down town and then had to walk 8 blocks to the parade so it wouldn’t have been a fast trip to the hospital!  But after a week inside my apartment… I was willing to take the risk!!

So that’s where we are at these days, just waiting.  Now my only concern is that I will go into labor DURING one of Dan’s finals when I can’t reach him (no phones allowed of course).  I am hoping that the testing center will watch his phone for him during tests just in case.  Dan is taking his first final right now and I am sure he is doing awesome.  Since that the baby decided not to come last week, we want her to wait until after 12:30 pm Friday when Dan completes his last final, just thought I’d share that so you’d know more specifically what to pray for. :)  I am scheduled to have my membranes stripped that morning at 10:00 so maybe it will all work out just perfect!  I am still feeling fine and working out everyday, it helps me not feel so bad about being gynormus.  The truth is that I dream of having a flat stomach and wearing my skinny jeans every night … ahhhh well, all in good time I suppose.

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Wow, you were adventurous! I love the signing to the horses. Didn't they notice? Dan's the one that looks shady! I'll be praying for a baby on the 12th, well unless she comes before that!

Mary-Anne said...

That parade looks so fun!! I wonder if they have something like that here...I hope everything works out and you have the baby after Friday! That would be SO stressful to have a baby during finals!! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one...

The Hulls said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! I'll pray that she doesn't come until Friday. Gook luck with everything! Can't wait to see your cute little angel!

Nicole said...

Wow, that looks so fun! I wish we had stuff like that! I'm still adjusting to December with no snow!

Ann said...

So wait, why don't you have a car? Is it broke or does Daniel have it? Also not to freak you out but I've heard getting your membranes striped hurts oober bad. Just so you can prepare your self :)

Jessica said...

I don't have a car because Dan has it. He usually takes the bus but I don't want to go into labor while he's at school and have to wait 30 min for the next bus to arrive and another 30 min for it to get him home to take me to the hospital... so I have him take the car.