Wednesday, December 10, 2008

broccoli is better than candy

broccoli 005

After Dan came home from a long day of studying Sophie and I took the car to the grocery store.  I came armed with a sippy cup, fruit snacks, mini nilla wafers, and a lollipop to keep my toddler quiet in the store.  (I know, it’s probably not the best parenting… but it WORKS!!)  I always get my produce first (NO I don’t have to have a reason!) and Sophie was telling me as she always does, the name of every fruit and vegetable and then asking to “ho it!” (hold it).   I picked out some broccoli and she went bonkers,

“ho it, ho it, ho it, brocey, ho it!!!” 

I tried to hide it in the cart but to no avail.  I offer her some treats, and she won’t take them.  So I give in and let her hold the broccoli.  My strange daughter grins hugely and holds the broccoli crown with both hands right next to her face where it stayed the rest of our time at the store.  I had to keep asking her to not put it in her mouth!  She was licking it like a lollipop.  Apparently I need to rethink my distraction ammunition and start bringing vegetables rather than toys and candy.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I love that smile! She is really looking like a big sister! 2 more finals and then its serious baby time! Keep me posted!

Nicole said...

What a strange child. She must be growing up.

Ann said...

Sounds like a happy problem to me. :)

Crafty Momma said...

She is so cute and growing up so fast. It always seems Delia is right behind her! I hope your new little one comes soon and it sounds like she will! Good Luck!