Friday, December 12, 2008

progress report

I went in for a doctor’s appointment this morning, here’s where I am at:

4 cm dilated

80% effaced

-2 station

She said that my bag of waters is bulging and about ready to burst!  Exciting stuff!!  She also stripped my membranes (didn’t hurt at all) so we’ll see if that gets us anywhere. The doctor mentioned that if I get to 5cm they will admit me to the hospital for advance dilation which would make me feel better since I went from a 5 to a 10 in 15 minutes with Sophie! The best news of all is that Dan is finished with his last final!!!  He’s on his way home now, so we are home free and this baby is welcome to arrive at any time. :)  We can’t wait to meet her!!  Thanks to everyone for all your prayers phone calls and concern, it means a lot.

14 comments:

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

I check your blog daily I think to see if you have had this baby yet. I am so excited to see her and to know what you named her. Good luck with everything. When is your actual due date? It sounds like you are going to come early!!!Keep me posted!

mommaquincy said...

Don't walk too far! It sounds like your water could burst any moment. That could be cold and uncomfortable. Just circle the apartment complex or something. I am very excited! Congrats on making through finals Dan!

Amy H. Ellis said...

It's always a relief when your body remembers what to do to have a baby. We can't wait to meet her either!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Oh I am so excited for you!!! Just reading your stats got me so excited. It makes me want to have one all over again. (But not for a while!) Congrats, I can't wait to see this little lady and hear her name!!
P.S. Tell Dan Congrats for being finished. We still have 2 more finals to go!

Leslie & Matt said...

ooo, it's all so exciting & I can't wait to hear that she has arrived! Please, please call if I can ever do ANYTHING!!!

The Hulls said...

Oh wow!! That is so exciting! I can't believe you went from a 5-10 in 15 minutes...thats crazy! I'm glad Dan is finished now that's got to be a relief! Can't wait to see her!!

Nicole said...

We can't wait to meet that little girl either! Sounds like some good progress. We'll be waiting for the news!

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous of how well you do pregnancy! You look great the entire time and your body seems to have the elivery thing down pat!!!
My first one was 26 hrs and I was 13 days over due. The second was 19hrs and I was 9 days early.
The last one I was 12 hrs and I was only 5 months along! I don't do labor as well as you do!!!
How exciting though~!

Tyson and Lindsee Torgerson said...

That is so excited Jess! I will be waiting to see your blog with the new little one on it!

Tyson and Lindsee Torgerson said...

That is so exciting! I will be excited to see some cute pictures of the new baby

Min and Mary said...

Thanks for the progress report. I'm waiting in suspense for the next post! Enjoy the miracle of birth, again!

Cieslak Family said...

Wow, I can't believe you haven't had your baby yet. We ran into your in-laws at church today and we're all excited. I hope that she comes fast, once you're at the hospital and ready. Good luck with everything-

Ali said...

Any minute, any minute!

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival... I'm so excited for you.

Falen said...

What a relief to know that Dan is done with his finals and you dont have to stress about when she comes. My parents already had a vacation planned (with other people) when I was due. So that was way stressfull trying to figure out all my options. So I am glad you dont have to worry about it anymore!! GOOD LUCK!!