Sophie decided that the demo on our digital piano provides some perfect music to dance to. She has asked to dance every day for the past several days. She will keep going for 30 minutes to an hour. It's great exercise for us both! I took the pictures today, the video is from the day after Thanksgiving.
She comes up with new moves everyday, today it was pointing and putting her arms above her head. The day I took the video she was into kicking (I think she learned that from Kung Fu Panda). She also enjoys spinning until she falls over on the floor. She makes me smile.
Sophie also loves to take her turn on the computer; she will type a bit then wiggle the mouse around and type some more, imitating me. When she gets tired of me doing something (like working on the computer) she will come take my hand and say, "c'mon, let's go!" That's my favorite thing she says these days, "c'mon!" She surprises me with her vocabulary everyday. I swear she learns about 2 new words daily. You'd think with all the time we spend together (pretty much 24/7) I would expect it, but it still seems like she is growing up so fast!! This note is for her:
Dearest Sophie;
I love you so much! You are such a big girl and I am so very proud of you. You make me happier than I ever thought possible with your bright, fun personality and sweet hugs and kisses. I hope you'll forgive me for bringing another baby into the house and that we'll still be best friends. I wish you could stay this way forever and we could just keep playing all day together but we both have to grow up. No matter what, you'll still always be my special Sophie girl.
Love, Mom
Geez, I am bawling here! I'm afraid that I will have a harder time adjusting to the new baby than Sophie will. I am treating this time as our last time together (melodramatic, I know.), because I know it will never be the same, and that makes me sad. At the same time I can't wait to meet this new little bundle and grow to love and cherish her as I know I will. The unknown can be scary and intimidating but I do know that it will all work out in the end, it has to right?









6 comments:
That was so sweet! You will be surprised how having a baby will only deepen your relationship with Sophie. She will love sharing the baby with you! It made me cry,too though. Sophie and the new baby are lucky to have such a great mom!
Having number 2 only makes it better. I totally understand what you are going through. I felt the same way, thinking it was my last time to be just me and Porter. But I promise you it is 100 times better. Just think how much you love Sophie and how much fun she is then double it. It is the BEST!!
First of all, your letter to Sophie really touched me. I remember having these same feelings when Natalie was a baby, and Alisa was about to be born...I didn't think it was possible that I could love another child as much as I loved Natalie, but I did! My heart had more love than I could ever imagine. My relationship with Natalie has remained very special throughout the years...AND Natalie got to have siblings, and I got to have a special and different bond with each one of my kids!
I have to tell you... I was extremely worked up about introducing a "new someone" to our family. I was SO worried about how Eliza would handle the change. Every one is different, but I have to say, he didn't phase her. She still believed that the world revolved solely around her. That was nice about having them so close. If Henry had arrived now, I think she'd have dealt with jealousy. However, since he's been here a while, they now entertain each other. It so incredibly heart warming. My Pediatrician kind of silenced me on the issue when he said... "You just gave Eliza a best friend." His perspective helped me a lot. Good luck. Again, it's hard. Your first baby is your first baby! You look SO cute pregnant. I have to say!
Hi Jess!!! I found your blog on Emily's! It is so neat to see how you are doing! Sophie has grown up a lot, I think the last time I saw you, she was little! Congratulations on being pregnant again! That is awesome! Stay in touch!
We are so excited to finally meet baby number two. I know it's very real for you, but it doesn't seem like it's time for you to have another baby to me. Probably because we don't see you as much as we did when you were pregnant with Sophie. What an exciting time for you- and the best kind of Christmas gift.
Sophie is growing a lot too. I think she'll be a big helper for you. I bet she'll have the kind of relationship with her sister that you do with yours. Keep us up to date with how things are going- I can't believe you will have another baby anytime now. Tell Dan to call us when she does arrive.
Post a Comment