Sunday, July 20, 2008

a reason to smile

This is Sophie's new favorite word...

She was feeling so happy because she knew we were about to go swimming. While I was doing her hair in the mirror she just started signing and saying "happy" over and over again. I couldn't help but laugh (and pull out the video camera.) She's getting so smart and learning new words everyday. I guess she knows that repetition helps and practice makes perfect!

10 comments:

mommaquincy said...

That definitely made me happy! Sophie looks like she's losing her big belly! She is adorable. Happy birthday, almost, Dan!

Nicole said...

She's so cute! I love watching kids(especially Sophie) learn to talk! Hopefully she doesn't grow up too much before the next time we get to see you! When do you find out what the new addition is?

Ruthanne said...

She is so cute! Good job on teaching her all the new words!

Ann said...

Sweet girl! And Happy Birthday Big Brother.

Min and Mary said...

You bet that made me smile! I'm so excited to finally meet Sophie next month. So glad you'll be in Utah for the weddings. Is Dan coming too?
Mary

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Ok, to catch up, You look nothing pregnant! i am 12 weeks and feel huge! I am starting to get a little pouch! It may be in my head, but I really feel much bigger than I did last time, but maybe I just don't remember. You are so little though! Sophie is so cute and I love when they can be a little more independent. It is so nice!

mommaquincy said...

BTW; Happy Birthday Dan!

Anonymous said...

"Hope that made you smile" OF COURSE IT MADE ME SMILE WHAT ABOUT SOPHIE DOESN'T MAKE ME SMILE!!! HEHE!

Anonymous said...

Awww! That was so cute!!! I love the "happy, happy, happy"
She is such an adorable baby!
What a cutie-pie!

The Allens said...

She is talking so much now! It's so cute isn't it? And it's so nice to be able to know what they want when they can say it!
I can't believe the pony tail on Sophie...her hair is getting so long! Hope your pregnancy is going well! We miss you guys!