Monday, July 28, 2008

a great movie


Dan and I watched one of my favorite movies of all time last night, Moulin Rouge!. I know lots of people hate it... too artistic for most, just comes off as weird to some people. If you haven't seen it I would recommend it!! Just keep in mind that it is about a courtesan (Nicole Kidman) so if that bothers you... maybe not; and her trying to get out of "the underworld" to be with a writer (Ewan McGregor). It's a beautiful love story with AWESOME music. Dan loves it too, I'm sure it has to do with how amazing the music is. I will also warn you that it's a tragedy and you will cry your eyes out!! (Especially if you are pregnant and very emotional already like me.) Here's a clip with my favorite song, it's the Elephant Love Medley just to give you a little taste. By the way, both of Nicole and Ewan did all of their own singing in the movie.


I wish there were more musicals coming out these days, they seem very few and far between.

11 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Maybe I should rent it. I was never interested in seeing it before only because of the super sleazy Moulin Rouge music video. It kind of turned me off to ever seeing the movie, but it sounds good.
I'll have to check it out.

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Jason and I LOVE this movie. And the music is AMAZING!

Jessica said...

Tracy (and anyone else who lives in Denver), you are welcome to borrow my movie if you want. Or better yet come and watch it with us! We'd love to have you over anytime.

Mary-Anne said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! :) It totally reminds me of high school because some of my friends and I would watch it EVERY WEEKEND...we even acted out a few of the scenes! :) I still love the music...in fact, I was just listening to it this morning! :)

Nicole said...

I love that one! I just watched last week. Jason thinks it's crazy and done by a bunch of crack-heads. You've gotta love that they do their own singing! It just makes it that much better!

Cami said...

Such a good movie, and the music is great. They really need to make some more musicals. Maybe that's why I like high school musical.

Teandra said...

I agree 100%! I love this movie AND the soundtrack. Ewan is very attractive in this move...My favorite scene is the "Like A Virgin" song. Ha ha ha

The Culbertson's said...

This is one of my all time favorite movies. And if you like this one you should check out 'Chicago', and 'Across the Universe'. And if you are really daring you can watch 'Sweeney Todd' (really out there and rated R) these all have great (or at least interesting) music and talent in them!

Min and Mary said...

I guess you'll have to watch Mama Mia! and send us your critique. I too, miss the musicals.

Nichole said...

This is one of my favorite movies ever!!! I LOVE it and Ewan is so good looking in this movie...and his voice is to die for!! My favorite part of the Love Medley is when Ewan gets on the elephants head and sings, "Love lifts us up where we belong"...I could go on and on about this movie!!

Crafty Momma said...

I loved this movie too! Chicago was great too, but more riscay than Moulin rouge. Another muscial movie that just came out is "mama Mia" I heard it's pretty good and that's coming from someone who hates musicals! I myself love them, but not all of them are exactly "great" but I do think moulin rouge is a classic! I would watch it more, I just hate crying my eyes out!