Let me start this out by saying that I really LOVE this age, Sophie is a lot of fun these days. She's so talkative, and playful! I really think she has gotten more fun everyday since her birth.
But Sophie wants to grow up, and won't let me feed her anymore, she is becoming so independent! It tries my patience but I let her feed herself yogurt most mornings. She won't eat any of it if I try to spoon it to her. But it takes her FOREVER (about 20 min) and she makes a huge mess. Yogurt's her favorite because she can't keep the spoon level enough for anything else, that could slide off. She pretty much just dips it in the yogurt and licks it off, dripping yogurt and getting it all over her chin along the way. But she likes to hold a spoon no matter what she's eating so she can pretend she's using it. She will pick up rice, for example, place it in her spoon and while still holding it she puts it in her mouth. She just wants it to touch the spoon before she eats it... funny girl. Sophie also enjoys reading to herself. We got some new books from the library the other day and I noticed that she wouldn't "read" them on her own until I had read them to her once, I guess she wants to get the story right.
Other places she wants to be independent are more dangerous, like at the swimming pool and at the playground. She is definitely a thrill seeker and is always looking for something new and crazy to try in those arenas. Let's just say she keeps me on my toes!
I think I will appreciate her doing things on her own more once the baby comes, because I'll have less time to help her. The real problem is that she doesn't have the patience for me to teach her how to do things and I don't always have the patience to watch her struggle while she's making a mess and/or putting herself in danger. In some ways it's hard to see her grow up I suppose, but she's going to do it whether I like it or not! :)









4 comments:
The scarry dare devil stunts must come from her Dad. They won't be easy to live with when the new baby comes. Eating yogurt all morning will be a nice distraction.
They have to start being independant some where. It will pay off in the long run, just try and keep her alive until then. :)
Sophie is such a sweet girl. I love watching her, and you are so good at getting good pictures of her. I love visiting your blog.
It is so sad - this independence thing (I too am having a hard time with it). I'm sure that you are right though in that it will come in handy when you have two:) I am the oldest and my mom once told me that she doesn't really remember me for the first few months of my high maintenance little brothers life - must just be part of the package.
Post a Comment