
Dan turned 26 and we had a great day! First of all he had the day off of work so he slept in until 9:00 (his choice, if I had my way we would be out doing stuff by then.) So Sophie and I went jogging like normal to let the sleeping giant lie! We just lounged around in the morning mostly watching cartoons, which is Dan's favorite thing (not the cartoons necessarily, just the lounging around and doing nothing part.) We had Sophie take an early nap so she'd be in a good mood to go out to lunch.
Dan's boss was nice enough to invite us all to come up and go out to lunch together! It was fun to see the beautiful court house where Dan works and finally get to meet the people Dan has been working with. We went to a yummy Italian restaurant called Gaetano's in North Denver. It is located in an Italian neighborhood where Judge Hoffman's grandparents used to live, pretty cool.
After lunch we drove down to the mall and REI so Dan could spend is birthday money, I'd like to say that he enjoyed it but I'm not so sure that's the right word. I think he likes having new things but doesn't like to shop for anything. I thought it was great, because it's like pulling teeth to get Dan to spend anything on himself! He deserves it. By this time we were all tired so we headed home.
I made Dan "a man's dinner!" As he calls it, of steak and potatoes which is a real treat for us, I don't remember the last time I had steak. It was wonderful. Dan chose to have cupcakes, and since they are so small I had to be creative and put 2 candles on one and 6 on the other for 26... okay so it's not that creative but I was proud of myself anyway. :) Sophie was very interested in the cupcakes and helped me make them. When it came time to finally eat one I thought she wouldn't be able to stand it as she waited for me to take the paper off! She stuck the thing frosting first into her mouth and proceeded to suck. It was really funny because as the pressed the cupcake against her face eventually, it started to fall apart and she started to panic. She was so unhappy when it fell and we couldn't get her to eat the pieces... silly girl.I love you honey!!! Hope you had a good birthday.

Sophie loves watching America's Funniest Home Videos with her Dad.











11 comments:
How fun! Sophie is so adorable, and that's way cute what you did for your husband!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Blogs are so fun - and such a great way to keep in touch and updated on people's lives. Ü I love finding my friends' blogs!
Birthdays are so fun! Looks like you had a very fun day! Oh...and the courthouse picture(I think that's what it is...) is amazing! Very pretty!
Fun day! My favorite was Sophie's melt down when the cupcake fell apart, that girl is so in love with food. Good job Jessica being patient with Daniel and letting him sleep. I'm the same way when Brian gets a day off I want to make the most of it and go do something.
What a handsome boy. Happy Birthday!!! I'm envious of your man meal.
It looks like a great day was had by all! I can't decide if I like Dan's manly look with his manly dinner or Sophie's cupcake pictures best!
Man, I haven't been on your blog forever! Happy Birthday to Dan. Sophie is talking so well! I love this stage, too. Two-way Communication is so great. As for looking pregnant, I would say you have a perfect little pregnancy bump. You look great...definitely pregnant.
Happy birthday to Dan! I think you are creative. And to still be jogging at 18 weeks pregnant? Impressive. I was going to tell you that you should totally get sophie a potty chair. Brinklee has gone on it only a few times, but it gets them use to the idea of a potty. We keep it in the bathroom and she looks at it and says pee pee. Plus, when she goes, it plays music! I would totally recommend it! Hope you are feeling well. When do you find out what you are having? A couple of weeks? Do you have a preference?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a great day! I loved reading about Sophie crying because her cupcake fell apart - too funny!
What a fun birthday celebration! I loved that you prepared him a "man's meal"! That is exactly what Tyler would want, including the Mountain Dew ;)....unfortunately it is rarely what I want! What a good wifey you are!
Happy Birthday Dan!! To celebrate, we went to Lake Powell... we'll see you in a couple weeks!
I love that Sophie was so excited about the cupcake that she smashed it. It is hard to be little sometimes.
Post a Comment