Wednesday, March 23, 2011

super bowl party

 

super bowl collageI know the super bowl was quite a long time ago… but I have these pictures I wanted to post, so bear with me… or not. :)

We got together at our good friends’ house and enjoyed the game (and commercials) and lots of yummy food!  No pictures of the adults, sorry.  The kids had a ball as they always do over there.  Baby Daniel was cracking us up with his dance moves, he’d sway from side to side then stop and point… hold it, then sway again.  It was so funny!  Sophie also got into the halftime show and I almost died laughing when she was pretending to be a dancing horse, I think you had to be there to fully appreciate but it was REALLY funny, trust me.  I really love that girl!  Later, the girls got their pj’s on and watched a movie in the other room, so stinkin’ cute together. 

I made my first home-made salsa and it was way better than I expected.  You know how you sometimes figure that you buy certain foods because you can’t really make them as well?  NOT true for salsa!  It’s way easy and so nice to be able to control how much of each ingredient you put in to your own taste.  Seriously so easy.  I also made (with help from Dan, I can always count on him to help me cook when time is running low… and he doesn’t want to miss kick off) some chocolate cake balls we shaped like footballs.  They are incredibly delicious and addictive, good thing they are fat free! no, wait… :)

3 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

I love, love, love homemade salsa. Mmmm....I'm so excited for tomato season so I can start making it again! :) Those football chocolate balls are way cute and look delicious!

Cami said...

That was a fun night. I'm glad you invited us to tag along too! And I totally agree - the food was super good! What would a super bowl party be without good food?!

mommaquincy said...

Good food, good friends and good commercials! Who needs football?