Monday, March 21, 2011

snow day

On MLK Day, Dan had the day off from work and I think the temperature was around 50 degrees but we still had a good foot of snow on the ground.  I decided it was the perfect day to FINALLY dress the girls up in their snow clothes and take them out to play.  Even the dressing in snow pants was a treat for these poor deprived children.  They were over the moon excited to play in the snow with Daddy, and I was more than happy to take pictures while he made snow balls and such.  Here are the results:

snow - soph close up snow - tess throwing snow 2snow - soph on mtnsnow - dan tess walking away

Dan made them jumbo snow balls and then lifted them so they could throw the balls over the side of the bridge into the water.

snow - soph dan big snow ball 2

Tess had trouble making the distance… it was comical.

snow - tess dan big snow ball

 snow - soph smile by water snow - tess looking

Throwing more snow in the creek (Dan holding Tess so she doesn’t throw herself in along with the snow.)

snow - soph tess throwing in water

It’s official!  They like snow.

snow - tess close up snow - soph too bright

THINK FAST! Tessa throws snow balls w/o warning.  Sophie making a snow angel.

snow - tess snow ballsnow - soph snow angel

In our explorations by the creek we found this man-made shelter.  If you look hard you can see that Dan’s inside.  I also found this pretty weed.  Equally exciting right? :)

 snow - dan in wood hut snow - weed

I don’t know why I am so apprehensive to take my kids out in the snow, I am afraid it will be a disaster I guess, that it will be too difficult.  But it’s no a big deal, and we all had a great time!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I guess Denver's a pretty good place for a couple of cute little snow lovers! I think we'll stick with our 80 degrees!