I think it was the day after my mom and sister left town that the Chapmans arrived! The evening they arrived we went to Pasquini’s Pizzeria, a local favorite of ours. Dan’s parents stayed at our house, our girls like that. :) Jason and Candice were at Matt and Cami’s house. (I stole a couple of pictures from you Cami, thanks! I don’t always remember my camera.)
Cherry Cricket
We have to visit the Cricket every time Jason and Candice are in town, it’s a MUST. Here’s Jaycee reading a menu, she wanted one of everything! Those cheeks are a lot of work to maintain. Jason taught Sophie some table manners, which she loved of course. Uncle Jason is a big time favorite!
Tessa was very attached to her Ariel doll that weekend and had to hold her while she ate or did anything. We got a kick out of watching Sophie shooting the shot gun on the arcade, I’m afraid she learned how to hold it from her mom, not her dad. :) I know it’s wrong, but I don’t know how to do it right either.
Candy Store
We then ventured to old town Arvada…? I forgot which town it is. Anyway, they have an old walking mall that’s pretty cute. Our destination was the candy store, I took SO many pictures! Let’s see if I can narrow it down…
There is a random red pig outside the store, Tessa liked it, I think Sophie was pretending to. They had animatronic bison (randomly) on the wall and Uncle Matt took each of the kids up to it to see their reaction, Lily cried, Jaycee had no reaction, Tessa was scared but Matt didn’t put her all the way up in his face like he did the babies, so she didn’t cry. I don’t think Sophie participated, she was a little busy…
Sophie was a little too busy enjoying the candy we bought. Sorry to post these pictures Soph, I really am but I can’t resist, they are too funny! I think I just got her mid-blink but she just looks so intoxicated by the candy, what a crack up.
There was a section of GROSS candy that contained REAL bugs. Never seen that before, have you?
Their trip wasn’t over at this point, but this post is. Because the next day was Sophie’s birthday! And that deserves it’s own post.









1 comment:
A red pig, buffaloes and bug candy? Some kind of strange candy/animal mix! It looks like fun though!
Post a Comment