Beginning of February we attended a basketball game down in Colorado Springs. When the tickets were originally suggested by a friend Dan called and asked me how many we should get. I decided that it would be cheaper pay for the girl’s tickets than to pay a babysitter so we might as well bring them. This was like a month before the game.
Fast forward to the week of the game, we get our tickets from the friend and note the game time… 8:00 p.m. Aaaaaaaa, that’s when it starts? Our girls’ bedtime is at 8 and Colorado Springs is almost an hour drive, they are going to be TERRIBLE! I was really really really nervous about it. I contemplated getting a sitter and selling our extra tickets but I didn’t have much time (only 2 days). I tried to get the girls to nap late that day and crossed our fingers!
I was pleasantly surprised by my children, they did wonderfully at the game. For the most part they didn’t notice how tired they were because the game was so exciting. As you can see, Tessa wasn’t as impressed by the game as Sophie. But they both loved to chant, “B-Y-U!” And still do chant at random times just for fun. They enjoyed the mascot and cheerleaders and just all the noise and the freedom to yell without getting in trouble. I remember the first time I yelled at the game and my girls looked at me wide-eyed and surprised, I had to explain that it’s ok to yell at basketball games. They were very happy about that. I have loud kids. :)
There was a set back to our cheap tickets. We were in the very back, literally against the wall. Almost against the wall, that is. I wished we were. There was a kid-sided gap between us and the back wall with a sheer drop to the bottom of the stadium! I was so nervous about my girls standing up in the chairs and falling to their deaths, I was relieved when Tessa wanted to lay on the dirty floor, much less scary.
It was so fun to watch Sophie enjoy the game, she was just giddy most of the time. By the end she was saying, “I need to go to bed Mom,” and “It’s time to go to sleep now Mom.” But she didn’t cry and neither did Tess, so I was happy. They shocked us and didn’t sleep at all on the hour ride home! They just sang songs and chanted, “B-Y-U!” some more, crazy kids.









6 comments:
Surprise! What fun!
Wow, I am just catching up and you have been a busy blogger! First of all CONGRATS on a boy!!! That is so exciting. I was feeling the same way with the question "How do you raise a girl?" It will be so much fun for you guys and Sophie and Tessa will love taking care of him. All your posts are so great, the snow, puppet show, museum...you do lots of fun stuff. Also I love all those decorating ideas. I love looking at kitchens. I don't have any design blogs, but I LOVE HGTV, especially Sarah's House:)
PS. Go BYU...I am glad your girls had so much fun!
from the looks of it your like the Idea Room blog! I love that one as well as Someday crafts and a bunch others that Idea Room has on their inspiration tab! I'm an addict to those kids of sights. I'm jealous that you got to go to a BYU game! You're lucky your girls did so good! I think my kids would have given up on me at some point. Congrats on Baby 3!!! I had no idea you were having a boy! YAY for you guys!!!
Glad the whole family had such a fun time! I would be worried taking Ryker, too after bedtime. It seems like that is when he gets totally uncontrollable and WOULD be doing flips over the edge :)
Congrats on the baby boy! Bring on the blue :)
I think I've shared with you some of my fav design blogs - there are so many....but here is one more that I've been enjoying: http://showandtell-sausha.blogspot.com/
I am glad the kids were good. Paul gets giddy like that too. I love it.
Congratulations on the boy. I am excited for you.
Sophie's face is adorable. So glad the girls (and you) had a good time!
Post a Comment