Tuesday, March 8, 2011

when the Wells came to town

Shortly after Christmas, the Wells (Dan’s sister’s family) came to visit.  Actually, I seem to remember that they actually drove back to Denver with us, in a caravan!  Hard to say for sure since it was SO LONG ago and my memory stinks.  No matter, let’s see what I do remember…

If it weren’t for all the pictures I take I would be lost trying to recall anything anymore.  I have real concerns about my mental state by the way, I am doomed to be completely clueless by the time I am 40 for sure!  It’s quite frustrating, I need to do some brain exercises, or something.  Anyway, surging forward!  Here are some photos (in no particular order) of their time in Denver:

The group of us on New Years eve at Applebees enjoying gift cards from Dan’s Grandma Chapman for a snowy lunch.  I was the only one brave enough to eat this huge onion ring, I do love onion rings… never mind their strange wall paper behind me with the creepy guy in the white coat… what in the world is up with him?

wells - group shot  wells - applebees jess onion ring

Dan lifted the girls up by their heads, much to their delight!  He also allowed Tessa to unbutton his shirt over and over again, what a nice dad.

wells - applebees dan hold soph head 2 wells - applebees tess dan buttons

Melody and Tessa played peek-a-boo with each other, so very cute.

wells - applebees where's melody wells - applebees there is tess

Elise and her new favorite Aunt, Cami’s everyone’s favorite.  And the “best cousins.”

wells - elise and cami wells - elise and sophie

The Wells stayed at Matt and Cami’s (they have more space).  But we stole Elise one night for a sleepover.  These goofy girls seemed to have a great time together, funny that they have matching pj’s.  I think they are inteh running for twousins, don’t you think Amber?  (a twousin is a twin-cousin, my twousin is Amber… this was decided when I slept over as kid with my cousins!) 

wells - elise sleepover girls silly faces

New Year’s Eve we hung out at Matt and Cami’s.  The girls had a ball in the igloo tent.

wells - igloo pulling 3 wells - igloo tess

The moms made everyone a personalized New Year’s hat with their choice of child from Cami’s Cricuit machine patterns.  Dan’s was an obvious choice with the super hero.  Tessa’s choice was not so obvious but very fitting since she does spend a lot of time crying in time-out lately.  Sophie’s pig was the cutest, in my opinion.  In the picture, she is no doubt pretending to be a pig as well.

wells - new year dan hat 4wells - new year tess hatwells - new year soph hat

Poor Lily didn’t care much for hers!  Cute Ann and Elise were glamming it up in their blonde girl and train hats.

wells - new year cami lily hats wells - new year ann elise hats

Is Melody not the sweetest girl you’ve ever seen?  I love her.  The men played video games (mostly Halo I think) you can see Brian’s football boy and Matt’s boy in time-out hats.

wells - new year melody hat wells - new year brian dan matt hats

We sent a timer to count down to our “midnight” around 9:00 so we could get the kids to bed and miss the traffic.  This last picture was taken inside a mall play area we visited during their stay, since it was too cold to play outside.

wells - new year melody in basket  wells - mall soph elise melody

The purpose of their trip was to get some dental work done at Matt’s office but we certainly enjoyed having them around.  Thanks to some big snow storms we got them a few extra days at the end!  My girls really love their cousins and Sophie especially asks for Elise all the time, which surprises me since she doesn’t see her that often, but they have a special bond I suppose and I am sure they will be friends for a long long time.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Such cute girls! What about your hat?