Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jack and Steph’s wedding

wedding - jns temple walking up pathwedding - jns close up slow mo shot wedding - jns dip by temple doors

I rented this awesome fisheye lens for their wedding day.  It was so much fun!  Notice how it curves the sides of the pictures distorting things.  I love it, sure hope Jack and Steph do (eek!).  Don’t worry, I wasn’t the only photographer. :)

My little brother Jack got married at the new Oquirrh Mountain temple back in my home town, South Jordan, UT.  It’s really pretty.  Their wedding ceremony was so AWESOME, probably my favorite I’ve ever heard (except for mine of course!).  What a cute couple they are, it’s so good to see them both so happy together.  They make a great team!

SO these hooligans did things a bit out of order, the reception was the night before at an LDS meeting house.  Now, I have to say that I’ve been too a lot of receptions in the “cultural hall” (which is just a fancy name for basketball court!) including my own.  And the people they hired did awesome!  Check it out.

girls camp_Jacks reception_0005girls camp_Jacks reception_0009

I think the decorating company’s name was Cindyrella and they specialize in cultural halls.  I swear you wouldn’t know that thing above the cake that has a chandiler hanging down was a basketball hoop, unless you were looking for it.  Anyway, I just thought it was so cool… maybe because mine was so lame… ANYWAY!

girls camp_Jacks reception_0015 girls camp_Jacks reception_0028

{Sydney and Nicole who flew in from Houston.} {Steph and Tess.  My girls both think that Steph is a princess, because of her dress, and kept walking up to her in the line and asking for a hug, it was really sweet.}

girls camp_Jacks reception_0006 girls camp_Jacks reception_0016

{The Kendalls, Jenny, James and Dean.  Came in from Houston as well.} {Jason (who is my oldest brother, married to Nicole), Dan, and my other brother Josh.}

girls camp_Jacks reception_0021 girls camp_Jacks reception_0029

{Tess gets really clingly when there are a lot of people around.} {Dean playing with Meg.}

girls camp_Jacks reception_0041 girls camp_Jacks reception_0033

{Sophie found a friend to dance with, probably a cousin of Stephanie’s or something. They danced for a long time until the cousin was unwilling.}  {Then she traded up and Daddy danced with her for awhile. By the way, sorry these pictures are so dark.  I am too lazy to go in and fix them right now.}

girls camp_Jacks reception_0030 girls camp_Jacks reception_0024

{This pic is REALLY dark, sorry.  Again, too lazy.  This is my baby sister Joni and her friend Gino.} {Ha HA HA!!  Jonathan I know you were thinking you beat me, but NO I did get a picture of you!! Oh yeah and Dan… and half of Tessa’s head.  By the way my brother Jonathan is a really talented little dude.  He plays the piano like a Mistrol (nope, not sure if I used that word correctly) He is an excellent writer and is currently writing a book which you can read parts of on his blog by the way.  Plus he has MAD video game skills, yeah, talk of the town!}

Ok, so the morning after the reception was the wedding… Here are some pics of people waiting for the bride and groom to make their entrance:

wedding_0007 wedding_0012

I wish these cute babies didn’t live so far away!  I love them so much.

wedding_0025 wedding_0019

Gotta love that fisheye distortion!  Is this really how fish see?  I wonder.

wedding - soph excited to see steph  wedding_0018

{Sophie jumping up and down because Jack and Steph are coming! She screamed and cheered for them.} {Josh, trying to hear the baby.}

 wedding_0043 wedding_0026

{Sophie’s new best friend, Lightning McQueen, he was a pre-road trip present.} {Grandpa playing with the most easy-going baby on Earth.}

wedding_0055

{All my brothers, if you don’t know their names by now… then TOO BAD! :)}

wedding - jns by wheat

And then the luncheon.  Which was at a really awesome restaurant called the Old Spaghetti Factory not only was the food absolutely delicious I couldn’t get over how beautiful the building, and furniture were!  This location was in Murray and if you haven’t been I recommend it.  My favorite were the chandeliers, no 2 were alike.

luncheon - chandilier 2 luncheon - chandilier

Anyway, on to the people!

wedding - luncheon Sydney wedding - luncheon Tess eating

{Sweet Sydney.} {Clearly, Tessa approved of the macaroni and cheese.}

wedding - luncheon Joni feeding Soph wedding - luncheon Soph feeding Joni

{Joni feeding Sophie.} {And Sophie feeding Joni!  These 2 had such a good time playing together, it was just like old times when they got to be around each other more often.  Joni is such a fun aunt.}

After the luncheon we left the kids with Grandma and went boating… naturally. I think this post is all pictured out so I’ll do those pictures in a different one.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Teandra said...

We did our reception the night before as well, it's the best cuz then you can just leave after you get married. We decorated my brother's reception in the cultural hall like that ourselves! We hung lights and did the tulle and everything.

Jenelle said...

That IS the best cultural hall set up I have ever seen! Beautiful! Glad it was such a neat couple of days for your family. And the surfing looks like so much fun!

Kristen said...

Holy goodness! What an awesome wedding! I can't believe TWO of your YOUNGER siblings beat me to the altar. Congrats to Jack and Stephanie and to both families!

Muffy said...

As always Jess, I love your pictures! I'm excited to see the rest of them! Thank you so much for taking pictures at our wedding!!!