Wednesday, July 7, 2010

lots o’ cousins!

ut - wilsons group shot 1

{Noah, Freddie, Charlotte, Sophie, Kate; Grant, Ava, Amelia, Jane, Tessa, Brooke, and Lionel}

Tuesday morning at my mom’s house we were getting a lot of calls from computers reminding us to vote that day.  It was getting really annoying and I almost didn’t answer the phone figuring it would be another computer recording (we’ve never had caller ID).  I was so happy to hear my sweet Grandma Ellis’ voice!  And, wonder of wonders, she was inviting my mom over (didn’t know I was in town) to dinner that night with a bunch of her nieces (my cousins) and their children (my… cousins’ kids?) in from out of town for a surprise birthday party.  I was ELATED, I have been hoping Sophie could meet my cousins’ kids for a few years now.  She only knows them through blogs posts. 

Anyway, after the aquarium we were already in the neighborhood and headed up to grandma’s house!  I didn’t have my camera out the whole time, I was just talking to my cousins and playing with the kids for the most part, but here’s what I got.

ut - wilsons playing ut - wilsons tess and jane 2

{playing with Grandma’s toys}  {Tessa “holding” baby Jane"}

ut - wilsons freddy on the horse ut - wilsons little Brooke smile

{Freddie on the horse.  This was part of an elborate obstacle course Mary contrived.  Mary is awesome.  It went under the coffee table, on the horse for 5 bouces, zig zag through the quilting frames and dunk the ball in the waste basket!  Sophie took the course very seriously, and I found her practicing alone after the other kids had lost interest.} {Sweet little Brooke’s smile.}

ut - wilsons lionel patted to sleep ut - wilsons Leah reading 2

{Chubby Lionel zonked out after Erika paddled his tummy for a few min.}  {Aunt Leah reading stories, look how captivated these kids are!}

I love the Wilsons, they are such an amazing family.  It was lovely to see you all!  I am so pleased our paths finally crossed.  I used to see my cousins all the time but as we’ve grown older and started families of our own we’ve moved to different states and things have changed so much.  I am grateful for the blogs and emails that keep us connected.

And I have to say, I think it’s a miracle we had 12 kids on that couch (in the 1st picture) 3 and under and no one got hurt and no one was crying!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Great pictures of such a fun event!!

Summer Wilson said...

Diddo, on the all the things you said in this post. It was great to see you and thanks for the photography advice. If you're up for a trip to Sacramento you can come see more than half of the Wilson cousins.

Kristen said...

HOly moly that's a lot of cousins!